Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2012, 08:56 PM
well done everyone!! really sounds like great progress

Just a tiny Mia one
The most intense collie I have met in my life was backing up waiting for her owner to chuck the ball - she backed between me and Mia
Mia trotted up to say 'hello' collie turned and snarled at Mia
my hear was in my mouth as this dog was between me and Mia
Mia just trotted away with a 'I didnt do anything' look on her face
phew!! good girl
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Well done Mia Big achievement!

Cain did fantastically on holiday; he did really well at settling in the house and it was great to see some proper dog body language from Cain.. his play bows were very sweet!!

Kestral was abit of a pita in the house; whingey and a bit grouchy with Cain.
She reacted a couple of times on walks, but generally not too bad
Pics of the holiday here: http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=174220
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Sophie, Kestral did absolutely brilliantly at some points, you should give her more credit! The Monsal trail was heaving with people and bikes but she did so well, she walked past about 40 school kids in a group without a peep! Go Kestral

Well done Mia! Every little success adds up to a big change!

Here's Cain, loved up with our visitor Cain does his backward butt shuffle "assume the position" looking for a chest scratch

Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Aww loving that pic of soppy Cain.

I haven't posted re Polo much recently but he has been doing well.

I was so pleased with him on his group walk today. A lab of about 7 months ran up to him whilst he was on the lead and he didn't growl or nip just sniffed and turned away. Now that is a huge achievement for Polo as he does not discriminate and will bite any dog of any age, breed, size or sex, if they are right up to him when he is on lead.

He also played with the boxer that was with us. He initiated the game and though I did warn him a couple of times to rein it in when he was getting a bit aroused he did not tip over into aggressing.

And finally, he has befriended Tess, the collie cross that is boarding long-term with us and plays in the garden with her and is now able to mix in the house with her and just chill.
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Well, on Monday Betsy only barked 3 times at puppy class! Those who know us well will know this is a massive achievement
NME
New Member!
Female 

04-10-2012, 06:36 PM
One new thing that worked today on her recall. She went off running after someones football so I called her and luckily had her rope tug toy in my bag, I pulled it out and waved it and back she came like lightening. Might use this for emergency recalls in the future.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Awwww I'm so happy that Polo continues to progress so well I'll have to try an get over for another group walk some time

Well done Besty for not being toooo noisy

Get recall NME, sounds like you might have discovered a secret weapon
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Moon's mum, reminds me of school.like dog like owner getting told off for talking in class haha! I'm aiming for 2 barks next time
NME
New Member!
Female 

04-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Awwww I'm so happy that Polo continues to progress so well I'll have to try an get over for another group walk some time

Well done Besty for not being toooo noisy

Get recall NME, sounds like you might have discovered a secret weapon
Thanks Moon, I have no idea why I didn't think of it before!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2012, 12:40 PM
VERY pleased with Cain today. We are having a lot of work done on the house, so between full time work, DIY and various tradesmen in and out, unfortunately Cain's training has slipped a bit over the last six weeks. He hasn't been to agility class for maybe 8 weeks but today I decided to take him.

I turned up the class had doubled in size at least 15 other dogs, many of which Cain didn't know. I thought it would be a nightmare. But Cain did brilliantly He was incredibly calm and took it all in his stride, did all the equipment and basically ignored the other dogs. Towards the end he got a bit bored hanging around while everyone took individual turns on the course, so I got him going through his trick repertoire. Normally he wouldn't concentrate in that environment, but he did every single trick I asked perfectly, he was really keen I think the break actually did him some good.

Couldn't fault him....although I managed to trip over his lead half way around the course and fell in the mud
Page 98 of 101 « First < 48 88 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 >