Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Well done Cain, keep up the good work!
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Took the lodger to the "Canal Festival" today. He was the only dog who didn't bark at the Collie Herding Ducks show.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Let Gracie off lead for the first time last night It was gone midnight, park was deserted and I could see all around (smallish park surrounded by street lights). She was of course also muzzled just in case. She was excellent, stayed near to me and Gelert and recalled every time. I did only give her five minutes as I didn't want to push my luck. The shame being it's not something that I feel we can progress much with, given her hatred of other dogs. But she was a good girl, bless her.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Bit belated but well done Buster for ignoring those pesky ducks And well done to Gracie for being such a good girl and to PB&J for being brave enough to give her a chance to show how well behaved she can be

I am SOOO pleased with Cain over the last few days. We went to the Peak District with Whichpets and her dog Kestral. Cain has never ever been inside a house with another dog so we had no idea how it would go but Cain was brilliant. He settled down really well every night and basically ignored Kestral. He didn't even join in when Kestral was whining because her mum was ignoring her we walked the Monsal trail which was crazy busy with cyclists, walkers and some dogs. We got through a seven hour walk without incident, he handled is amazingly well!

While I was away, Liam's friend came to visit and is staying for the whole week. So Cain had a three hour cr joinery home then had to be introduced to a stranger as soon as we got home. Cain was perfect, and is currently settled on our visitors feet

Considering how many new and challenging things he faced over the last few days, I really couldn't fault him (apart from his pulling which was excessive due to over excitement!)
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2012, 06:21 AM
Oh well done Cain! I bet you're so chuffed Amanda. And maybe a little hope still left for an ickle Toller in the slightly nearer future...?

Kiki isn't giving me much to brag about this week (but we do have the neighbours in and out of our garden during the day replacing our fence panels, I'm giving her a bit of slack) but I'm sitting here watching Casper desperately playbowing at Kiki, who is not in the mood to play. He may not be achieving what he wants but it is lovely to watch how much body language he's learnt to use - back when I first got him, he would have just bowled into Kiki regardless and I would have had to physically separate him until he calmed down. Now he's made his attempts but eventually given up and gone to his bed to chill too. He may not be a dog I can introduce to every other dog, but I think he's done fab with Kiki anyway. Only an ickle brag, and definately all Casper's work, but I need to focus on something good this week
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2012, 06:23 AM
Ah, Well done you and Cain.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Thanks guys, I'm proud of my boy Karly, I'm still not persuaded that Cain would accept any sort of puppy but it is very good to know that he's happy to be in a house with a dog he knows.

Awww, bless Casper, that sounds so sweet. Cain cm sympathise with him, several times over the last few days Cain got very playful after going for a swim then rolling in grass. He'd jump up, bounce towards Kestral and did some supreme play bows....only to get ignored Kestral has no interest in playing with Cain, but it was good to see him try using appropriate body language. So he can share Casper's futile attempts
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2012, 08:01 AM
You never know, if he can ignore a whining little doggy...that would definately wind Casper up and I know from experience that the biggest issue would be that he finds puppies waaaay too fascinating. But then with the neighbours pups, being able to see them at a distance but not get to them has helped desensitize him a bit, they can make a right racket when out in their kennel and he pretty much just ignores them now. So even I wouldn't rule out a puppy entirely with him, it'd just be a bit harder work than with a normal dog I think.
You should speak to scout75/Fi on here, I know she had some teething issues when she got Kofi as a pup as Shilah has some similar issues to Casper and Cain, but it all worked out in the end.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
You never know, if he can ignore a whining little doggy...
and a NotQuiteJRT falling out of a tree...

Sounds like you had a great time. Brilliant stuff.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Sounds like Cain excelled himself, you must be chuffed to bits with him
Page 97 of 101 « First < 47 87 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 > Last »