register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 83 of 84 « First < 33 73 80 81 82 83 84 >
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
It's funny isn't it that you assume you (antis) are right and we (pros) are wrong.

Great world you live in where you are always right and everyone who disagrees is wrong
Not an assumption, lets not forget, it is not just members here who are anti... it seems the whole professional dog world community is backing the theory up... and as many of his episodes are being taken of view, the TV channels are following suit.

Now if it was just a simple Dogsey for or against, I could respect your argument, but it is not.

Take the time to do a little research, (with out the blinkers) and do yourself a poll, on the "professional" opinions for or against, on CM and hos methods.

I think you will find its not just a shouting down of the majority of Dogsey members who are having trouble agreeing with his methods
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
You dont, there is no point, the moment has gone and you where not there to correct it.

It happened to me the other day, got decorators in, had to go out, locked the dog sin the living room, done this many times before,

To my utter horror when I came home , one of them had tried to chew its way out through the door,,,,,,,,,,,, this is something neither of mine in both their lifetimes has ever done beofre... god knows why they decided to do it

What was the point in my telling them off, showing them the damage... the time had lapsed, all they were bothered with was, saying "hello"

I took it on the chin, gave the decorator an new job to do, and will make sure I never leave them in there again.

I dont believe you have failed because you have a chewer, just , make sure there is nothing o chew, if they get something, then tell yourself or whoever left it off!! not the dog.
I can imagine the mess of the door Bet the decorator was glad though

Yeah, I agree that it's been a waste of time correcting Fluffs (clearly as she's done it again and again) but please don't think I made her afraid or was nasty to her (just a feeble attempt at letting her know she was wrong to do it but in no way intimidating her). I do appreciate she's a young one and that these things happen. I've just been lucky with the others that they don't have a "fetish" for leather or anything else, come to that
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 01:29 PM
You dont, there is no point, the moment has gone and you where not there to correct it.

It happened to me the other day, got decorators in, had to go out, locked the dog sin the living room, done this many times before,

To my utter horror when I came home , one of them had tried to chew its way out through the door,,,,,,,,,,,, this is something neither of mine in both their lifetimes has ever done beofre... god knows why they decided to do it

What was the point in my telling them off, showing them the damage... the time had lapsed, all they were bothered with was, saying "hello"

I took it on the chin, gave the decorator an new job to do, and will make sure I never leave them in there again.

I dont believe you have failed because you have a chewer, just , make sure there is nothing o chew, if they get something, then tell yourself or whoever left it off!! not the dog.
Excellent advice. This is what we did when Woody chewed his bed. I didn't tell him off (even though it was a brand new £45 bed) I just cleared up the mess and went and got him a new one the next day. It was my fault because I chucked his biscuits at him that day and one obviously fell into the bed which then became a great fun game to try and find it (and destroy the bed in the process). He wasn't thinking 'right you ****er, I'm going to destroy you'', he was playing.

He's never done anything like that since either.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2009, 01:32 PM
I can imagine the mess of the door Bet the decorator was glad though

Yeah, I agree that it's been a waste of time correcting Fluffs (clearly as she's done it again and again) but please don't think I made her afraid or was nasty to her (just a feeble attempt at letting her know she was wrong to do it but in no way intimidating her). I do appreciate she's a young one and that these things happen. I've just been lucky with the others that they don't have a "fetish" for leather or anything else, come to that
CC, I never said you did make her feel afraid , just that what you are doing is a waste of time.

I dont for one minute believe you dont love your dogs, or that you are cruel to them...

Just your blinded faith in a man, who uses aggressive punishment to get what he wants from dogs, , it something I cant understand.

And that is why some will say , if you use his techniques you are not a dog lover or you are cruel... because some of his teaching are down right brutality.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
And no CC I'm not saying you (collective) ''abuse'' your dogs if you follow CM methods, but I do feel that most of the things he does are cruel and unnecessary. Categorise that how you see fit. :

Yes, you've said it again, just changing the words and adding "pick the bones out of that" basically

Think I've had enough for one day of this CM lark.

Hard as I try to remain calm and polite, there's always someone willing to sling cr@p around. I've decided to rise above it though, so wasted on me I'm afraid.

Have a nice day
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 01:38 PM
CC, I never said you did make her feel afraid , just that what you are doing is a waste of time.

I dont for one minute believe you dont love your dogs, or that you are cruel to them...

Just your blinded faith in a man, who uses aggressive punishment to get what he wants from dogs, , it something I cant understand.

And that is why some will say , if you use his techniques you are not a dog lover or you are cruel... because some of his teaching are down right brutality.
Okay, well we'll have to agree to disagree then JB
Fi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2009, 01:51 PM
edited for clarity
Great world you live in where you are always right and everyone who disagrees is wrong
I've never understood this argument. Of course I believe all of my opinions are right and correct. If I thought they were wrong they wouldn't be my opinions.

If someone pointed out a massive flaw in my argument I wouldn't go on with that opinion knowing it was wrong, I would change my opinion. At which point I would again believe that all my opinions were correct.

I can agree to let someone else have their opinion and not argue about it, however if it differs from mine then I am still going to believe that their opinion is wrong. Otherwise it would be my opinion.

I don't hold two conflicting opinions at once. That would not be valid.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Fi View Post
edited for clarity

I've never understood this argument. Of course I believe all of my opinions are right and correct. If I thought they were wrong they wouldn't be my opinions.

If someone pointed out a massive flaw in my argument I wouldn't go on with that opinion knowing it was wrong, I would change my opinion. At which point I would again believe that all my opinions were correct.

I can agree to let someone else have their opinion and not argue about it, however if it differs from mine then I am still going to believe that their opinion is wrong. Otherwise it would be my opinion.

I don't hold two conflicting opinions at once. That would not be valid.

Also for clarity:

I can have an opinion (quite a few actually and not just on CM ) but I don't assume that my opinion is 100% correct and I can "argue" the point with somebody that holds a differing opinion without telling them they are "blind" or the million other things CM'ers have been accused of on this thread!

I have one opinion but I'm not so conceited as to believe that I am right 100% of the time. I can listen to others' opinions and sometimes that opinion I initially held may change (hasn't on CM up to this time). I don't automatically believe that my opinion is right and anyone who has a different opinion is wrong.

I know I'm right when I say that it's Friday, because that is fact. The CM subject is debateable and that's why we are discussing it. Different people, different views, nobody's right and nobody's wrong, in my opinion
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-10-2009, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=scarter;1789423]
Even dogs that are NEVER told off for growling will often attack without warning. And nice, well behaved, stable dogs DO attack weak or unstable dogs - it's instinctive.

Dogs never attack without warning, they give plenty of warning. I also believe that nice, well behaved, stable dogs do not attack weak or unstable dogs, it's not instinctive, if you study them they are very 'civilised', a lot better than humans in my opinion.
Petrina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Not an assumption, lets not forget, it is not just members here who are anti... it seems the whole professional dog world community is backing the theory up... and as many of his episodes are being taken of view, the TV channels are following suit.

Now if it was just a simple Dogsey for or against, I could respect your argument, but it is not.

Take the time to do a little research, (with out the blinkers) and do yourself a poll, on the "professional" opinions for or against, on CM and hos methods.

I think you will find its not just a shouting down of the majority of Dogsey members who are having trouble agreeing with his methods
*claps*

Closed Thread
Page 83 of 84 « First < 33 73 80 81 82 83 84 >