Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2016, 06:52 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, February 19

Good Morning everyone. Must get my Rubbish bags out before 7am forgot them last night!

Nippy Jen, glad you are going to get a rest from hospital visiting over the weekend, that will give you a break.

Very cold again this morning, thought they said it was going to warm up so I turned the large night storage heater off in the lounge, bad mistake.

Hope everyone is all ok this morning, LG hope you are on the mend. Lynn, glad you have Gorden home with you today.

Have a good day all, must get those bin bags out, take care all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2016, 08:31 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Very very cold here today but bright. Hope you got the bags out in time Moyra.
Giving the vet a ring today Dillon is very stiff on rising on one of his front legs has been for the last couple of days so he may need an anti inflammatory for short period to help the elbows. We were told this might happen.
He is ok when up and still wants his walks and bounces.

Hope everyone is well and all doglets too. Stay safe and warm.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Cold here as well this morning, car was slightly frosted over, the sun is out now. We've got rain forecast for later on today and that is it then for the weekend from what I can gather, raining every day. Moyra it is going to go warmer over the weekend, it is winter and you do feel the cold, so please don't switch your only means of heating off
Hoping Dillon is better soon Lynn, one of my friends is using coconut oil with her old dog, who is 12, and says she is much improved. I've started putting it in Cariad and Lona's breakfast, you only need half a teaspoon, get the extra virgin stuff.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Hello everyone.
Quite a bit warmer here and lighter too but I can see what I think are rain clouds gathering
Not such a rest Moyra, it is my son and daughter in laws silver anniversary this weekend so there will be 10 of us here Sunday I have made the cake just have to decorate it. Should be a good time
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2016, 09:54 AM
we've been using coconut oil for years and years...for ourselves and the dogs, i get a kilo from amazon for 15.99 including delivery, it is virgin and cold pressed...apparently it being cold pressed is important?
Lynn, hopefully the anti inflammatories will sort Dillon out
Moyra, i agree, don't turn the storage heaters off.... better too warm than cold!
Get my haircut today finally...haven't had it done for a couple of months and i look a real tramp Lol, dog food is getting delivered...hopefully before i go otherwise my dad will have to deal with it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Morning June, Nippy Jen and griff.
I have used the coconut oil before June he went off it but is now back on it. Will start the turmeric paste when the course of anti inflammatories have gone they won't give him many.
I will then see if the turmeric paste works for him alongside the Cortaflex better. He is fine and full of himself but very stiff on one of his front legs when rising they did warn us this would happen occasionally for now and he may need something to take the edge off for him.
Once he is up and stretched he is his usual bouncy self.
Enjoy your weekend Nippy Jen sounds very busy.
That's a good deal griff.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2016, 10:05 AM
Morning all, just a quickie. The sun is shining so I hope everyone feels the benefit if you have it to. Lynn maybe yumove might help Dillon. I know a friend near here is using it on there goldie that is having problems with his joints and it certainly has made a difference, at least I hope it is that that has helped. Tyto actually had another play over the green today as it was frosty so not slippy or muddy. He certainly benefits from it as I am sure he is just bored with the walking and playing indoors. I have to be careful with him as he is a bit of a cluts and falls over with going to fast to get the toy that is thrown. Who said collies have brains? Must away. bfn.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you got the bags out on time Moyra.

Poor Dillon hope the vet gives hime something to help Lynn. At least he hasn't lost his bounce

Please Tyto enjoyed his run on the green Brenda. I will be pleaded when it dries up and I can get back on to the fields near me, that is before the start building on them

Enjoy something of a rest Nippy but I know you enjoy your baking so hope everyone enjoys the cake.

Hope haircut goes well Griff.

Hope you manage to get the girls out before it rains June.

Lovely and sunny with a hard frost this morning when I took Teazle out. Did put the washing out but have just had a very heavy rain/sleet shower so that is now in the tumble dryer. OH busy trying to take down the abortion at the side of the house. Once again it is built to withstand a nuclear attack

Hope all poorlies are now on the mend.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2016, 10:53 AM
Nippy sounds like you will be in your element again on Sunday with a big get together. I do hope you enjoy it all.

Griff, like you I need to go for a haircut. I have already had a go at it myself and because I cannot see the back I am sure that is chewed! I'll give it a week or two and then go to the hairdressers for a tidy up.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2016, 11:05 AM
Good morning everyone, thank you all for the good wishes - still feeling rough and am spending my time between shortish dog walks and going back to bed. The Mem is bullying me into compliance with her wishes - albeit I'm not putting up much of a struggle. Drinking strange concoctions and taking herbal allsorts.
Not good news about Dillon do hope that his stiffness is short lived and the anti-inflammatories work their magic for him.
Have a good day, all, and keep well wrapped up and warm. Bye fer now.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >