View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2005, 07:51 PM

Little lumps along spine - mange? fleas?

Yesterday evening,Vegas was laying on me asleep and i noticed many little lumps along his spine.

This dont sound like much,but my sisters Boxer pup Lola also suffered with something similar,but a bit more serious-they blistered into sore puss thingys.The vets ran all sorts of tests on her for mange,flea bites.alergies etc,but everything came up all clear.The antibiotics she was prescribed appeared to clear everything up and she is now almost healed.

I took Vegas to the vets earlier and told them about Lola (she uses same veterinary practice).The vet was looking at my sisters details for any clues and now have to give Vegas antibiotics twice a day.Then on saturday,give him a bath with this special shampoo and another bath on tuesday.Have to take him back next wednesday for checkup and if it isnt cleared up-they will do the same tests what sis had done.

They also put some Stronghold anti flea treatment on him just incase its mange or flea bites (i was using Bob Martins trigger spray which apparently is crap!).

And to cap it off-Vegas created merry hell in the waiting room by continually trying to jump up at everyone showing me up!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2005, 01:43 AM
I hope the meds and baths work Steve. It would be good though to know what might have caused the problem in both cases. Seems odd that the spots are localized along the spine. I would have said it could be a reaction to a spot-on flea product but obviously not in this instance.
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2005, 04:46 AM
Hi Steve...Sorry about Vegas...I wonder if there is any connection between the little lumps on his spine and those on his "bits"...It would be helpful to know what they are and exactly what is causing them...Do hope that the meds and the shampoo etc. completely clears them up once and for all...Lynne x