Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
I am addicted to prescription drugs. Am I scum and am I going to get a bullet. As a recovering alcholic you must know how hard it is when you are addicted to something. Get off your pedastal. You were there once. Glad you made it through. You are one of the lucky ones.
H&Z, if you're addicted to prescription drugs, it's your GP that should be shot, or struck off.
He/she's to blame for your addiction not you.
No ones saying you're scum, but your GP is. Shame on him/her, he/she can't care very much about patients issuing prescriptions willy-nilly.
Go see a lawyer and try and get some redress on the situation your GP has got you in.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
H&Z, if you're addicted to prescription drugs, it's your GP that should be shot, or struck off.
He/she's to blame for your addiction not you.
No ones saying you're scum, but your GP is. Shame on him/her, he/she can't care very much about patients issuing prescriptions willy-nilly.
Go see a lawyer and try and get some redress on the situation your GP has got you in.
Not as easy as that because I am addicted to seroxat and when it was first prescribed it was said to non addictive, which is why I asked for it. There was actualy a leaflet that came with them to say non addictive. Alas this has turned out to be untrue, now the leaflet has been changed to can become addictive. Too late for many like myself. There are thousands like me all over the world. And many have tried to take the drug company on. But no-one has got anywhere. They have stopped giving the drug to youngsters though as there is a high incidence of suicide linked to the drug.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-07-2007, 07:06 PM
All parents will do thier utmost to get their kids off whatever they're abusing, and don't say "I had no idea Johnny" (or whatever) was a user.

The signs are there, for all to see.
Kids go for a night out, somtimes they don't get in till the early hours, or not at all, but don't say " I see them going down the slippery slope " and do nothing. If you do, your're gonna lose them, I'm sure you don't want the heartache if the unthinkable happens.

A good friend of mine had a clever son who went to uni in edinburgh. This lad was very bright, he did very well at uni for the first year, then started smoking "wacky-backy".
He went practically brain dead, and nearly dropped out, because of cannabis. The "harmless" so called fun thing to do.
However, with a bit of help and guidance, he's now a post grad in IT and has a job and is free from the so called "non addictive" weed.

What was said on TV yesterday was absolutely true, it makes you psychotic, and I'm so annoyed that in some government circles they are trying to legalise it.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Not as easy as that because I am addicted to seroxat and when it was first prescribed it was said to non addictive, which is why I asked for it. There was actualy a leaflet that came with them to say non addictive. Alas this has turned out to be untrue, now the leaflet has been changed to can become addictive. Too late for many like myself. There are thousands like me all over the world. And many have tried to take the drug company on. But no-one has got anywhere. They have stopped giving the drug to youngsters though as there is a high incidence of suicide linked to the drug.
So sorry to hear that, get yourself a good lawyer, there's some out there who'll take your case on a no-win, no-fee basis, or look for a group of folks in the same situation as yourself and get together and take BMA to task.
By the way, your GP is not faultless, he was the one who prescribed it in the first place.
Take him to task also, and the BMA, obviously no proper research had gone into the drug before it went on general release.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
This is it Shona it's not only the people doing the drugs,it's their families who suffer too.I agree with people saying the dealers need dealing with first and foremost.However most if not all have a habit themselves and deal to keep them in the habit.It's people like you and I who need to stop it going on in the first place.However like you say it is a dangerous subject as theres too much for them to loose.Most people would love to shop a dealer but are too frightened to because of the backlash.One dealer may be taken off the street but theres always another to take their place.

Well you know the hasstle we went through because we went to court, Nothing to do with my brother,, it was young guys from where we live,,, I moved out of the town my brother lives in when gordon was in primary 2. The tried to sell us a video camera ,, said it was theres, but it had no charger and the batt was dead,,, Dougie took it and said we have one the same I will charge it and see if its working ok, we charged it and they had left the tape in we watched the tape it was an old couple on holiday in spain or similar,,,Dougie then rang the police and gave a description of the old couple to them and asked if they had reported anything stolen or lost,,, turns out they had broken into the house put a knife at there necks when they were in bed asleep and robbed them scareing them whitless in the porssess,,, The police couldnt believe there luck,,,, they new dougie would go against them as a witness,,,, he got four months for it,,, the situation got worse and worse when more moved into the area,,,,its ok when they are in the minority,,,but once they are the majority,,, well thats diff, they slashed dougie in front of gordon, hit dougie with a car,,,,,, phoned my home and threatend to slash gordon leaving his face wide open,,,,, we dont react well to threats and so on,,,, needless to say they dont live here now they dont walk down our street,,,, A dougie eviction was far more effective than anything the council or police could do,,, the old folk in our street,,, are happy again,,,, they never want dougie to move,,,he makes them feel safe
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
So sorry to hear that, get yourself a good lawyer, there's some out there who'll take your case on a no-win, no-fee basis, or look for a group of folks in the same situation as yourself and get together and take BMA to task.
By the way, your GP is not faultless, he was the one who prescribed it in the first place.
Take him to task also, and the BMA, obviously no proper research had gone into the drug before it went on general release.

I dont feel sueing them is the way for all to go,,, yes some cases should be heard,,,, but money seems to be the gain here, not the health of future people,, if everyone sued the NHS for every thing that goes wrong,, there may well not be an NHS in the years to come, then where would that leave us,,,like america,,, if you drop you only get care if you can afford it or have insurance,,,, My family and { I just occasionaly } go private,,,In my own defence I feel as waiting lists are long,,,going private, gives me the treatement I need quickly,,,and free's up a space for someone who may not be able to afford the private option,
I have used it a few times for scans and stuff,,, Dougie worries as he got left waiting and it was cancer which spread rapidly,,he was only 27 at the time, so he wont have me wait on a list,,, but have you any idea how much this stuff costs, I had one ultra sound scan done at kingspark in stirling a few years ago,,, it cost just under £200 for a two min procedure, if you thought vets were expensive,,,, think again,
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
Well you know the hasstle we went through because we went to court, Nothing to do with my brother,, it was young guys from where we live,,, I moved out of the town my brother lives in when gordon was in primary 2. The tried to sell us a video camera ,, said it was theres, but it had no charger and the batt was dead,,, Dougie took it and said we have one the same I will charge it and see if its working ok, we charged it and they had left the tape in we watched the tape it was an old couple on holiday in spain or similar,,,Dougie then rang the police and gave a description of the old couple to them and asked if they had reported anything stolen or lost,,, turns out they had broken into the house put a knife at there necks when they were in bed asleep and robbed them scareing them whitless in the porssess,,, The police couldnt believe there luck,,,, they new dougie would go against them as a witness,,,, he got four months for it,,, the situation got worse and worse when more moved into the area,,,,its ok when they are in the minority,,,but once they are the majority,,, well thats diff, they slashed dougie in front of gordon, hit dougie with a car,,,,,, phoned my home and threatend to slash gordon leaving his face wide open,,,,, we dont react well to threats and so on,,,, needless to say they dont live here now they dont walk down our street,,,, A dougie eviction was far more effective than anything the council or police could do,,, the old folk in our street,,, are happy again,,,, they never want dougie to move,,,he makes them feel safe
Now heres a story that deserves compassion,I too had awful people knocking on my door looking for the dealer who lived along the street from me.Some of them if not most in an awful state,desperate for whatever she was giving them.
I had to move away because it was terrible having this going on and hoards of youngsters hanging around our house.Now I live in a tiny village surrounded by old folks.I thought this is the life but here we go again. I have one again living 2 doors away doing the same,so far we have had OH's van broken into and the sat nav stolen.He had to replace this as his insurance didn't cover it,also he was put off the road as they smashed the van window to get it.So all in all it cost him a fortune and all because two junkies needed a fix.Yes 2 junkies as they were seen doing it,the police said they new exactly who they were and ours was the 28th vehicle broken into.
I have every right to hate them and feel no remorse for hating them.I do however feel for their families for all they have to put up with.At the end of the day though, we have to put up with the crimes these scumbags commit and put right the wrongs.I hope that all these people who feel compassion don't have to go through the likes of these horrors.May I also add I had 2 mates who had 4 sons between them and all 4 were junkies and still are.Both my mates respected my views because I was telling them as it was and not pussy footing around.What makes me even more sad is all this killed one of my mates as she couldn't handle the pressure the boys put her under.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Whether the opinion of drug addicts is low, indifferent or understanding; I just feel that at least for the sake of their families it would be kinder to not refer to them as 'scum' and suggest bullets etc.

To the family of a drug addict this sort of talk would cut pretty deeply when they already have so much to deal with. Many of these drug addicts are still loved family members, whose parents still keep their baby pictures on the wall and hope that one day their son/daughter will become clean.
thanks LS. i am in this position now and its 11.30pm been up for 20 hours and cant sleep cos stressed about what son is up to. cant get hold of him cos phone switched off. heart is breaking tonight

sue
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
thanks LS. i am in this position now and its 11.30pm been up for 20 hours and cant sleep cos stressed about what son is up to. cant get hold of him cos phone switched off. heart is breaking tonight

sue
Oh Sue, I really feel for you. Hang in there. I hope you get hold of him soon.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post

sue
My heart goes out to you. Being a mum you just cannot switch off can you? I don't think some people realize the stress they are causing by name calling. I do hope you get some news from your son soon.
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >