Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tracey381
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2006, 11:23 AM

How do i get photos off old computer

Hi all you computer wizz'es

We have got a old computer laying around in the office, that has all the photos of my dog (rip) but i havent got a clue how to get them off,

I did try to download them onto disk before unplugging it to change to new comp but it didnt work, i bought some cd-rw 80 disks was that wrong.

God im just so useless on these things still cant work out how to post pics LOL thats how bad i am

any help????
x
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 11:41 AM
I usually just burn mine to a disc and keep them on there so that if the computer goes down I still have some photos. Is there not anything in your photo program that lets you burn your photos to a disk? The disks sound ok to me thats what I have got I think except mine say CD-R on and have 25 discs from Tesco for £5.97. I am not brill at computers myself so maybe Leo or someone can help you.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Disks sound fine.

Did your last computer have CD writing capabilities is the main thing?...If it does you should be able to simply just right click on the pictures and select 'send to...' and send it to your cd drive. Or just open up the folder for the cd and and open up where your pictures are and drag the pictures to the cd folder.
Tracey381
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Disks sound fine.

Did your last computer have CD writing capabilities is the main thing?...If it does you should be able to simply just right click on the pictures and select 'send to...' and send it to your cd drive. Or just open up the folder for the cd and and open up where your pictures are and drag the pictures to the cd folder.

God now your asking, i havent got a clue, will try to start it up again later and try your suggestions
Thanks
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Easy thing to do if your laptop has not got CD/DVD writing capabilities has the Laptop got internet access if it has just up load them the a online photo server like Photobucket
Then your sorted or with help from us you could network your laptop to your desktop and transfer them that way(subject to having the right hardware)

Another way is to use a USB dongle plug it into your USB port move the photo's over then plug the USB dongle in to your desktop and move them over.
Tracey381
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by leo
Easy thing to do if your laptop has not got CD/DVD writing capabilities has the Laptop got internet access if it has just up load them the a online photo server like Photobucket
Then your sorted or with help from us you could network your laptop to your desktop and transfer them that way(subject to having the right hardware)

Another way is to use a USB dongle plug it into your USB port move the photo's over then plug the USB dongle in to your desktop and move them over.
DOAH straight over my head leo,

The computer is my old pc not laptop, i unplugged it 18 months ago when i got this one, OH says he's goning to get rid of it cause it just collects dust LOL, but i really need to get the pics out first,

BUT great idea about photo bucket didnt think of that

THANK YOU
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 04:53 PM
The other option is to e-mail them to someone and get them to burn them to disc for you -I don't mind if you want to send them to me
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-03-2006, 07:14 PM
How did the photos get onto the PC ?

If it was done by connecting a USB cable to a digital camera, can you connect the camera to the PC and copy the files back to the camera. Then take camera to the new PC and transfer.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Tracey381
DOAH straight over my head leo,
Sorry my fault if your desktop has not got a cd rewriter then you could up load them to the photo bucket or you could use a USB dongle to transfer them.
(USB Dongle for transfering files or pictures)