Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 06:45 PM

Basenji Breeders?

Hey,

Does anyone know of any Basenji breeders? Looking for some but have had no luck so far! Any links or info would be great Feel free to PM me if you dont want to put the info on the forum

Thanks

Jess
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Basenjis only come into season once a year rather than the usual twice like any other breed.I have also been told that they all more or less come in at the same time of year so puppies are only availacle for a limited period and pups are usually booked well in advance
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Have you tried the Kennel Club? If there are none on their puppy list, they will have details of the breed club or clubs in existence which should be able to help you. Failing that, if you know anyone who has a catalogue from a UK Championship show (for the relevent day) that will list exhibitors, although they may not be breeders again they may help - if their telephone number is printed.

That's all I can think of!

Good luck

Gill
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Archer
Basenjis only come into season once a year rather than the usual twice like any other breed.I have also been told that they all more or less come in at the same time of year
Really? I had no idea - thanks Archer, it seems there's always something new to learn
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 07:49 PM
I have found one who was at the Drogheda show yesterday, her address is East Sussex, full details now being PM'd to you. She is very approachable.

Gill
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Seen a litter advertised for DEC(actually every litter I've found has been dec/jan) will leave you details by PM
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Hope you find what you are looking for deails of the Basenji Clubs can be found here and their secretaries should be able to help you with details of breeders and the breed charatistics as they are not the easiest of breeds and for warned is allways the best.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Thanks for all of the links They've been really helpful

I shall let you know whats happening if/when anything does