View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Thin or Curvy
Thin 2 2.94%
Curvy 52 76.47%
Dont care 14 20.59%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Im a curvy size 12 and myself and my BF are happy with it !
Kim
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2005, 10:04 AM
On the other hand thin ppl aren't all stressed and trying desperately to diet.

At the moment I'm a size 8. I've always been skinny my entire life. When I was 5 my mum was worried about me and put my on 'build up' milkshakes in the hope i'd put weight on.

...well all these years later, they've still done nothing lol!

I used to really hate the way my collar bones seemed to stick out.

I was 7 stone last year but since I started dancing I'm now 8 stone.
I voted that I didn't care coz I really don't care about weight anymore. Infact I generally don't even think about it. I only aim to stay fit and healthy.
Plus it's certainly true that you don't have to be stick thin to be pretty.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Ok,
i'm carrying more weight than the rest of you that have admitted what you are - i'm a size 22, every now and then I go on a diet and loose a stone, I eat three meals a day and usually the same as my brother who is "slim", however, I only end up dieting when i'm feeling down about something else - generally I couldn't give a stuff! I'm relatively healthy, can jog round the park with the dogs (twice with Ziggie now he's on lead walks ) even if it's embarrassing passing all the thin people! and can run round an agility course and not be out of breath which alot of the thin (and slim!) people can't do! At the end of the day although i'm carrying a bit extra i'm fit and healthy (blood pressure, heart rate etc. all fine ) and i'm happy with myself, and I got an A+ in PE even though I was the biggest in the class (and was chosen to play competitively on sports teams)... Saying all that crufts is coming up! so I usually loose a bit over worrying how we'll peform !
At the end of the day if a guy can't love you for who you are he's not worth loving back - and generally they lurrrve the curves (even my extra's!)
Hazel & co.
P.S a previous bf said this to me "You'll never be happy until you can love who you are not what you aspire to be" - he's my best mate now!
jennifer01
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-11-2005, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by KickstartKelpies
Ok,
i'm carrying more weight than the rest of you that have admitted what you are - i'm a size 22, every now and then I go on a diet and loose a stone, I eat three meals a day and usually the same as my brother who is "slim", however, I only end up dieting when i'm feeling down about something else - generally I couldn't give a stuff! I'm relatively healthy, can jog round the park with the dogs (twice with Ziggie now he's on lead walks ) even if it's embarrassing passing all the thin people! and can run round an agility course and not be out of breath which alot of the thin (and slim!) people can't do! At the end of the day although i'm carrying a bit extra i'm fit and healthy (blood pressure, heart rate etc. all fine ) and i'm happy with myself, and I got an A+ in PE even though I was the biggest in the class (and was chosen to play competitively on sports teams)... Saying all that crufts is coming up! so I usually loose a bit over worrying how we'll peform !
At the end of the day if a guy can't love you for who you are he's not worth loving back - and generally they lurrrve the curves (even my extra's!)
Hazel & co.
P.S a previous bf said this to me "You'll never be happy until you can love who you are not what you aspire to be" - he's my best mate now!
well said i voted dont care as long as u are happy
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by KickstartKelpies
Best mate..why didn't you marry him
What a wonderful thing to say and so very true
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Voted curvy....when i met OH 2yrs ago i was a size16/18 and 13stone 8lbs. I was really down about my size but always aware that if you carry yoursef with confidence you will be a lot sexier. never had a problem getting blokes. Which used to cause problems with a "best friend" i had. She was a size ten sraight up and down and would always "strike a pose" when we were out...well 19th birthday comes along and i went to the bar and this bloke is chatting to me ...well...she went off on one saying it wasnt fair i got the attention and not her she worked harder on her figure!!!!!

ANway as i was saying 2yrs ago i was 13 stone 8lbs and now am 11 stine 7 ish...Now a 14 and my OH keeps telling me that yes i look good now ( a bit of a kelly brook figure but in need of a wee bit of toning!) but he still fancied me when i was overweight.......

Never had the pleasure of being thinner...still working on that

but !!!!

if someone said i could wake up tomorrow looing like kate moss it wuld be No thanks!!!! prefer my curves!!!!!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by mand p
Best mate..why didn't you marry him
What a wonderful thing to say and so very true
Awww love him to bits but not in that way if that makes sense - he hasn't been snatched up if anyones interested he's a really nice guy! and great with dogs!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 11:43 AM
I voted curvy, i'm a size 12, could squeeze my ass into an uncomfy 10 but most a 12

I used to have an eating disorder as a teen, i'm only 5ft 2 and I have always been curvy, at 12 years old a pair of boobs which would put most breastfeeding women to shame shot up out of nowhere so I reckon it's just in my genes to be this shape.

Even with my eating disorder, I weighed just under 7 stone, still had massive boobs and bum, scrawny as hell calfs, chunky thighs, sticky out tin ribs and skinny looking pale face, and all over generally unproprtional. Some of us just aren't made to look good skinny.

I do want to loose a bit more weight as I put on quite a bit after my little boy but only the same as everyone really, bit off my thighs bum and tum, nothing drastic. My significant other would kick my ass if he knew I was trying to loose weight tho so shhhhhh He deff likes curvy!
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 11:56 AM
You couldnt get more curvy than me!!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 12:10 PM
I'll go for curvy. I aint a supermodel/superwaif so curvy it is. Love my grub
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7