View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Ha Ha that'll teach me, i posted at 10am really proud of myself......i am going out of my mind at this moment 12 hours later!!

God i need a fag....am i ready to quit??!!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by gsdgirl:-) View Post
Ha Ha that'll teach me, i posted at 10am really proud of myself......i am going out of my mind at this moment 12 hours later!!

God i need a fag....am i ready to quit??!!!
How is it going?

I'm joining in I gave up last year for 3 whole months using the patches - then I caved in!
This time I'm trying the champix.
I went to the stop smoking clinic on Monday & picked up my perscription today.
I've heard so many good reports about Champix so feeling positive, I've taken my first tablet & have joined the online Life rewards.
My quit day is next Saturday - which will be between the "day 8 & 14"
I did feel a bit queezy after taking the tablet today, but I kept telling myself that was only because I studied the side effects!
Fingers crossed this time
Main incentives
the money I'll save
standing outside in the cold & rain for a fag I don't even enjoy anymore as it's so cold out!!
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
How is it going?

I'm joining in I gave up last year for 3 whole months using the patches - then I caved in!
I've heard so many good reports about Champix so feeling positive, I've taken my first tablet & have joined the online Life rewards.
I did feel a bit queezy after taking the tablet today, but I kept telling myself that was only because I studied the side effects!
Main incentives
the money I'll save
standing outside in the cold & rain for a fag I don't even enjoy anymore as it's so cold out!!
Champix is good, just make sure you take it after food and drink a least a glass of water i find this stops the queasy feeling, we are now on day 18 and its getting easier all the time
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:04 PM
How is it going?

Main incentives
the money I'll save
Oh i am rubbish! i gave in today and had one! i just felt so tense and irritable! i keep telling myself it was only one, it was day seven aswell! it seems like a year!
ive found myself eating LOADS! i literally am like a human waste disposal bin
ha ha
Ok i will get back on track
im so glad your joining in it has given me loads more incentive, we will keep each other going
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
Champix is good, just make sure you take it after food and drink a least a glass of water i find this stops the queasy feeling, we are now on day 18 and its getting easier all the time
Brilliant well done I had mine with weetabix, which was good as I don't normally eat anything until lunch time other than numerous cups of coffee - so it will also encourage me to eat breakfast.
Did you actually feel like stopping before you got to day 8?

Oh i am rubbish! i gave in today and had one! i just felt so tense and irritable! i keep telling myself it was only one, it was day seven aswell! it seems like a year!
ive found myself eating LOADS! i literally am like a human waste disposal bin
ha ha
Ok i will get back on track
im so glad your joining in it has given me loads more incentive, we will keep each other going
Get back on it, we can support each other - I'm going to drive everyone mad at work as I keep harping on about it every time we go outside for a fag & I'm getting on their nerves
Are you using anything or just cold turkey?
The NHS service is brilliant, they really do help you
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Brilliant well done I had mine with weetabix, which was good as I don't normally eat anything until lunch time other than numerous cups of coffee - so it will also encourage me to eat breakfast.
Did you actually feel like stopping before you got to day 8?

not this time what i found is i smoked a lot less and they started to taste like breathing in a bonfire
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:29 PM

Get back on it, we can support each other - I'm going to drive everyone mad at work as I keep harping on about it every time we go outside for a fag & I'm getting on their nerves
Are you using anything or just cold turkey?
The NHS service is brilliant, they really do help you
Yep i will get back on it, everyone smokes at work too and i have been going out with them for a break and its not bothered me, its the "me" times i like to smoke that i miss i will have to be more focussed...i have the strongest patches going! Might make an appointment for the Champix if they are working.
I think my issue today was that i had a day off work and knew i didn't have to get up till 7 this morning instead of the usual time to walk the dogs so i stayed in bed until i had to get kids ready for school then was rushing around and realised i had forgotten my patch, then wanted a fag with my coffee! i will be more prepared tomorrow and put them by my bed xx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
not this time what i found is i smoked a lot less and they started to taste like breathing in a bonfire
oh wow!!!
I'm so looking forward to these feelings people keep describing to me when they get on to the full stength tablets
I'll let you know what happens to me
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Yep i will get back on it, everyone smokes at work too and i have been going out with them for a break and its not bothered me, its the "me" times i like to smoke that i miss i will have to be more focussed...i have the strongest patches going! Might make an appointment for the Champix if they are working.
I think my issue today was that i had a day off work and knew i didn't have to get up till 7 this morning instead of the usual time to walk the dogs so i stayed in bed until i had to get kids ready for school then was rushing around and realised i had forgotten my patch, then wanted a fag with my coffee! i will be more prepared tomorrow and put them by my bed xx
Just a blip then - get that patch on tomorrow before the coffee
I'm already driving them mad at work at fag break just talking about it
I probably will still go out (for the gossip )
Some are interested but are are going to "see how I get on first".... so I have a lot to prove
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:42 PM
The thing is the patches are still giving you nicotine, champix works on blocking the receptors in your brain so you get no buzz out of smoking, you actually get rid of the nicotine in 24 hrs i think the rest is just breaking the habit, not that, that is easy, one thing i found this time is that thinking about the cravings was worse than actually having them it only lasts a minute and then its gone.

Good luck to both of you
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »