Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 10:07 PM

Had such a lovely walk tonight

Took ben out, hes still wearing his *lamp* so been keeping an eye where he goes, and first of all he met up with his pal frankie. all tail wagging and happy dogs. then all of a sudden bradie and candie mum and son gold labs come hurtling out of the darkness. they where covered in mud, but toally over joyed to see ben. ben tried to play but the lamp was in the way. but again more tail wagging and wuffs. was nice to see them all meeting up. oh then bungle arrived with his mum. hes a small sharpei (sp?) he was very happy his curly tail going 90 to the dozen lol
normally its in the summer we all walk around together. but just made a nice change for a dark night.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 10:20 PM
It sounds as if it cheered you both up Sometimes a walk like that makes all the difference doesn't it.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 08:17 AM
I think what makes a walk "lovely" is to see our dogs enjoying themselves so seeing ben happy & waggy was probably the best bit.

We also had a great walk last night. We went over the South Downs at the back of Steyning & did circular walk of about 90 mins. I was with 3 friends & we had 7 dogs between us. Apart from flashing collars twinkling across the fields, we hardly saw the dogs at all!! Every so often they came hurtling back to check up on us, or to collect a quick snack, then one would start to chase something & the others all took off in pursuit. By the time we got back to the car, Wilma had lost 2 tennis balls, they were all covered in mud but we had some very tired, puffed out but happy dogs. Mine slept for Britain after their dinner last night & were still dozy this morning!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 09:08 AM
I know what you mean, the best walks are where the dogs enjoy themselves and come home happy and tired I love peaceful walks and ones where Axel can be let off and just mooch around (he doesn't do running) or meet new friends
Glad you had such a lovely time
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Tonight we're going to some woods set in National Trust grounds which are quite boggy/muddy with a huge pond ~ I must remember to remove flashing collars before they find the pond. There's also a big open area in the middle with picnic benches so I'm taking a thermos of soup, buttered rolls & big mugs so after walking through the trees, us owners can keep warm, have some supper & allow the dogs to run around together while we have a natter. At 6.00 pm in the pitch black, we're the only ones daft enough to still be walking our dogs so at least we know we'll have the place to ourselves.

We don't just do any walks with our dogs ~ we do "M&S" walks
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Awwwww bless Ben xxxxx Glad you had such a fab walk xxxxxxx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
Tonight we're going to some woods set in National Trust grounds which are quite boggy/muddy with a huge pond ~ I must remember to remove flashing collars before they find the pond. There's also a big open area in the middle with picnic benches so I'm taking a thermos of soup, buttered rolls & big mugs so after walking through the trees, us owners can keep warm, have some supper & allow the dogs to run around together while we have a natter. At 6.00 pm in the pitch black, we're the only ones daft enough to still be walking our dogs so at least we know we'll have the place to ourselves.

We don't just do any walks with our dogs ~ we do "M&S" walks
sounds like heaven
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
sounds like heaven
It was lovely but Barney remembered where the big pond was before I remembered to take his flashing collar off. £14 that collar cost!! It's now sitting on a radiator drying out ~ I hope it works still.

I've got the next 3 days off work & guess what ~ we're planning all our activities around the dogs. Hydrotherapy tomorrow then a long walk with friends, a mooch along the South Downs on Sunday & a day trip to Ashdown Forest on Monday with pub lunch thrown in for us owners. I suspect my house will look like a bomb's hit it by Monday evening, & there'll be a linen basket overflowing with dirty washing & muddy jeans ~ but hey ho, it's all in a good cause