Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 09:51 PM

am i wrong?!

hiya i see a ad earlyer and they have 'wolf lookalike dogs' i had a look as i love to see pics of them!

anyway, mum is a utonagon & dad is a german shepherd cross utonagon, there charging £500 per pup!

me being me i emailed asking why so high for a cross breed pup? they email back saying there utonagon breeder who they got there dog from told them to charge that as there so expensive and she said 'dont get me wrong i dont believe in breeding willy nilly, i am merely adding 'fresh genes' to the dogs..........

she then goes on to say that the bitch is pure utonagon etc and what do i think of the price of labradoodles?!!

am i in the wrong to think that this is just cross breeding?
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 10:03 PM
No that's exactly what it is and if anyone wants a cross breed they can go to any rescue centre and pick a Dog of nearly any cross they like for a small Donation of about £100.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 10:09 PM
The dad is a cross breed so they are producing cross bred pups

I agree with Amie, rescue centres are considerably so much cheaper than these rip off merchants, and with rescue centres you can donate as much or as little as you wish....and it goes to a good cause
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by knottybabe View Post
hiya i see a ad earlyer and they have 'wolf lookalike dogs' i had a look as i love to see pics of them!

anyway, mum is a utonagon & dad is a german shepherd cross utonagon, there charging £500 per pup!

me being me i emailed asking why so high for a cross breed pup? they email back saying there utonagon breeder who they got there dog from told them to charge that as there so expensive and she said 'dont get me wrong i dont believe in breeding willy nilly, i am merely adding 'fresh genes' to the dogs..........
Unfortunately there are people out there who would be conned by that silly statement
Is she heck adding fresh genes, she is turning out crossbreeds, no more no less. Adding to a gene pool is about bringing in new lines within an established breed, or creating a `new` breed with the aim of getting formal recognition of the `new` breed.
Selling crossbreed pups on the internet is not about creating any specific new breed its about lining pockets with money from the gullible, thats *all*.

she then goes on to say that the bitch is pure utonagon etc
From which she has bred crossbreeds, mutts, mongrels, and which she can`t give any realistic assurance whatsoever on temperament or health...
Wonder if the Utongan breeder is aware that this breeder is being so unethical...

and what do i think of the price of labradoodles?!!
I would say shes either thinking of breeding them too as they go for more money or she`s trying to use them as a case for charging so much for her own crossbreeds to make her price look more `reasonable`.

am i in the wrong to think that this is just cross breeding?
Nope, you are right, thats all it is.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by teenytiny View Post
The dad is a cross breed so they are producing cross bred pups

I agree with Amie, rescue centres are considerably so much cheaper than these rip off merchants, and with rescue centres you can donate as much or as little as you wish....and it goes to a good cause

Not only a far better option for those excellent reasons, but the dogs are usually past puppyhood and have been temperament tested so people can have a much better idea of what they are taking on than taking pot luck with a crossbreed puppy such as those highlighted in the thread of not exactly the easiest of breeds on their own let alone thrown together as a mix...

MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 11:04 PM
hiya thanks! yeah i thought so, she asked me to make her a offer! i said unless i really wanted one i would never ever pay more than £100 and thats if they were accidental litter.

i also said ask a breeder about the 'new genes' idea?!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2007, 11:27 PM
she is talking rubbish, utes are bred with utes, otherwise they can go on a sub register as a part bred. Would be interested in finding out who it is that is doing this though.
What was the name of the Ute? Also no Ute breeder in their right mind would recommend charging that much for a part bred Ute, it is nearly as much for a Ute anyway.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 03:37 PM
i dont know, i guess i could ask her?

just asked her for it!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2007, 05:14 PM
what do I need to look under? Looked for Utonagan on the breed list but it wasn't listed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2007, 05:32 PM
well I have just found some MalxHusky advertised as Utes with a 3 generation pedigree as well!!!! Can't see the name as the adv is still under 4 days old, but I will be onto that one as well as soon as poss, still not found the one you are talking about, it is taking ages to plough through them all