Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2016, 07:49 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, January 17

Good morning everyone, late on parade this morning but I just snuggled down a bit further at the thought of the cold outside.

Lovely nostalgia trip on D.A.D. last night thoroughly enjoyed it. I spent all evening watching the two Essexs Boys
slog it out on Snooker so I didn't go to bed until 10 pm last night, well late for me but I was pleased Ronnie O'Sullivan won through.

Lovely photos of the girls rellies on the thread June, they are so beautiful.

Griff, hope you are ok this morning and Brenda and LG hope your bruises have come out and you do not ache too much this morning after your dancing on ice practice run.

Hope everyone else is ok this morning. Am concerned we have not heard from Norma for a while hope she is coping up there.

Have a good day all, take care, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
We had a lie-in too even Dillon.

Very sunny here and not as cold as it has been. Pottering here this morning and then off to meet Michael and Margaret for coffee and most likely cake this afternoon.

Loving the pics too June hope the snow isn't too bad this morning.
Also hoping bruises are out and people aren't too uncomfortable after taking falls on the ice.
I remember in the 60's when I wa a little girl Sainsbury's on our high street was a tiny supermarket then you went to the other side of the shop for meat cheese butter and eggs all cut and weighed and wrapped in a wax paper.
We had no Tesco not even sure they existed then if they did not on our high street.
Bon Marche had one of those tub things they use to send the money upstairs in on a wire and your change would arrive back the same way and they always had Pelham puppets in the windows. Shopping was much nicer back then. Also Wilson and Whitworth for jugs, and bowls etc., plus Macfisheries for fresh fish.
Always local butchers round the corner and greengrocers.
That's my nostalgic ramblings for the day.

Hope everyone and all doglets are well today.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2016, 08:54 AM
Someone has thrown a lot of funny white stuff over by house and garden.

Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Lynn, I remember those pocket cash strings that went across the ceiling to a pay desk, I think it was in Debenhams in Chelmsford, gosh I was only a little tot. What memories our kids would think we were mad if we told them. Barry you can keep that white stuff to yourself.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2016, 09:33 AM
Good morning

Good for you having a snuggle down before thinking of getting up Moyra and I don't expect Amber even noticed here breakfast was a little late

Enjoy your afternoon out Lynn

Hope your bruises are coming out Gordon and yo are not in too much pain after your tumble practising your dancing once Seriously though I hope you are ok.

Don't remember much of the fifties except the milkman delivering by horse and cart and the horse always made a bee line for us as we would be there waiting with an apple When older going into the chippy after guides and asking for all the left over bits that had dropped off the fish and paying nothing and it all wrapped in newspaper. Somehow fish and chips don't taste the same now. Oh and walking from Croydon to the Monument in London just because we could six of us on a day out.

As you saw were have had an icing of snow - very wet snow. It started to rain as I was walking Teazle so won't last long. Nothing planned today except t make a cake and cook dinner.

Have a good day and stay safe and warm
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2016, 10:07 AM
Morning all. Wet out there now after we had some slushy stuff come down. Personally I would have prefered it to stay cold and dry. Oh well never mind spring still coming soon. I remember fish and chip shop days with great joy as I lived in one. So now I am a connoisseur of them.Yum. Sara up for lunch today so must pull my finger out and go and do the veggies to go with roast chicken and accompaniments. Had some more pics of pups yesterday from daughter in usa. Aw they are lubbly. Have a good day all. Just read through again and see that LG had a fall. Hope you are ok. Us older people don't bounce like we used to.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Morning everyone
We're back, not liking this white stuff after glorious sunshine for the past week lol
Rosie was very happy to see us lady night as was hubby too
Hope everyone has been ok
Will finally post them pics now I have proper Internet
Hopefully it's worked
That's my mums dog Buddy with Lauryn
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	4820  
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2016, 10:13 AM
This is the 2 visitors we had every morning
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	4821  
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Good morning all.
Just been for a saunter over to get the paper. It is positively balmy out there, not a breath of wind, really rather pleasant.
Moyra we had a lie in too. It's nice to have a relaxing start to the day.
Morning Lynn, I remember all the meat and cheese and butter being weighed and wrapped like that too. I didn't realise Bon Marche went back that far. Maybe they weren't "down here" then. I only remember them from about the late '70s.
Sue I don't remember horse and cart deliveries but I do remember chips after Brownies!
Ooooo Brenda wish I had lived with you in your chip shop
Love the pics Mandy especially the little "Parakeets" is that what they are?
I have just fed my sparrows
Hope you are better LG. What are we all like eh?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Well we have had Proper Snow here, none of yer icing sugar efforts. Not sure if I'm going to go to training or not, I've got some of those ice grippers for on your boots in the snow and can't find them anywhere, going to see what its like in a bit, the last thing I want or need is to slip
Anyone remember the coal man and the bin men who walked round the back and picked up your bin onto his shoulders, tipped it in the dustcart and took it back, nowadays you have to almost put it out for them on a marked spot for them to take it!!!! I remember the money things as well, and yes one side of the grocers for one thing and another side for everything else. Used to get fish bits with our chips on the way back from Brownies and Guides, must be a National Institution type of thing. Too expensive nowadays though, who can afford to give their kids a fiver for the chippie, it used to be a shilling
Mandy those are lovely piccies, glad you have had a nice week, at least you saw the sun, did it say anything about coming back over or has your mum stolen it permanently.
Sounds nice where you are Nippy, is it lunch for the family today or are you having a week off after the turkey and 2nd Christmas last week
Glad you liked the piccies of the 'kids' growing up, can't believe I've got puppies coming up to 7 years old this year, they are all still babies in my minds eye
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »