Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2008, 10:34 AM

rodent farms...

I don't know if anyone will be interested - but I thought this would be good to post in case it touches a few people out there.

With all the 'chicken out' stuff etc going on today - and everyone being more aware of free-range - versus battery meat and eggs, and well cared for stock, and anti animal testing things... and people also going to rescues or good breeders for their dogs, cats etc... I thought it might be eye-opening for people to see where their petshop bought pets come from. Guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, rats... anything that you see in a petshop basically

This article focuses mainly on rats - but this particiular rodent farm deals with all sorts as well. This is in the Netherlands as well - and actually much nicer and cleaner than many in the UK. the animals are much better kept it makes my heart ache- and is a reason I won't even buy products from petshops that sell animals.

http://www.brecklagh.com/petshops.html

Please take the time to read it carefully - as it's something we all should really be aware of. If we care where our meat and larger pets comes from, should we also not care where our small pets come from?

thank you for reading!

xx