Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-01-2006, 06:21 PM

Golden non-retriever

Harley treats retrieving games with total disdain. He has a look on his face as if to say I am not going to go and bring that back as every time I do you just throw it away again. And then, this afternoon, his true retrieving instincts came out and as I was sitting in the conservatory he pranced in from the garden and carefully laid a dead bird in my lap! He was looking so pleased with himself as if to say "at last something worth retrieving" and seemed very puzzled that I should shoot up out of the chair as quickly as I did and leave his present for my OH to deal with.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2006, 06:28 PM
how funny well at least he tried
silv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Awwwww bless
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2006, 06:52 PM
A retriever that won't retrieve is just a little like a sheepdog (BC) that runs away from sheep!

What makes things worse is that my BCs were born on a farm - both their parents were working dogs! I'm beginning to think that their family motto is "Fugite" (Latin: "Run Away" !)

Snorri
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2006, 06:53 PM
OMG! I'd have ran a mile too! Poor Harley though, bet he was so proud of himself retrieving properly!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2006, 06:57 PM
awwwwwww bless him, Maddy is always retrieveing, anything she can get her gob round
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Awww how cute

Well I have a labrador non-retriever.. Well I had... She's getting very good with the retrieving now.. But only 2 or 3 times, after that, I can go get the stick/dummy/ball myself..
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2006, 07:49 PM
lol the fun has only just begun, we regulally get gifts of , towels , shoes, tv remotes,mobile phones,socks,knickers ,and even live moths, i carnt imagine living without a lab now ..............i'd miss all our pressies
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
Awww how cute

Well I have a labrador non-retriever.. Well I had... She's getting very good with the retrieving now.. But only 2 or 3 times, after that, I can go get the stick/dummy/ball myself..
"Gosh! You dropped that a long way away!"

Snorri
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-01-2006, 11:21 AM
lol

I've got two retrievers and the Flatcoat will retrieve all day, his instinct is there, the golden will retrieve a few times, but he has to be wound up and in the playful mood to do it, after 4 times, he'll look at the ball then back at you with a look of 'Go get it yourself you lazy git' and trot off !
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >