View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Yes Moyra, Molly has always had her big brother by her side, Steve is really worried about bonfire night as she is really scared of fireworks but max used to keep her calm, she was crying and squealing when max and steve left and he says he has never heard her do that ever before...she will be o.k. Steve has rung me again to say thanks and i have told him he doesn't need to thank me, he says he hates it at home, has been on a long walk with molly but can't stand being in the house...he doesn't want to leave molly again, not sure if i should ask if they would like to come for a walk down here...it is really warm though and i will be panicking in case deags has a grumble with molly being a big dog...but it would get them out of the house, can't ask them here as i have a cat and molly hates cats
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 12:51 PM
Oh dear Griff sounds like a bit of a dilemma. What breed is Molly is she the GSD? I feel so sorry for you all.

Hope June is ok with her girls and Lynn with her family now moved in.

Steve wound me up this morning dictating what I could and couldn't do which he had already got away with yesterday. I wanted a drink of scotch and yesterday he complained so I went without. Today, I decided after 12.30 that I would pop up and get a bottle, the cheeky sod asked me where I was going so I told him to mind his own business. He turned round and said he wanted to use my car to take all his rubbish to the tip because commercial vehicles have to pay! He shouted at me that I was after scotch why didn't I say so. I think what I feel is he wanted to borrow my car for all his rubbish to take to the tip why was he so absusive to me.

Sometimes, I could swing for him. Still no word from the landlady re the new kitchen!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Griff, I am so very sorry to hear whats happened, crying for all of you here. As we all know, it is never easier whether it is your own or a friends dog. He went to sleep feeling loved and secure thanks to you.
No destruction this morning, have been for bones, absolutely loads of them. Popped down the road with some for my protege, who was overjoyed to see me there, had a chat with his mum, he had his head in the bag, but took it out when told, and then lay beside it waiting for his bone. He is a lovely boy, and well cared for. They've got him on steroids at present, and she was telling me their vets are trying to get him on some very expensive treatment, and no one knows if its going to work, as he'll have to come off the steroids very soon now.
Got stuff ready for the tip, watching Red Rock then I'll get off on my afternoon out
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 01:19 PM
Moyra, i feel if you want a drink so long as it isn't doing you major harm then have one...if steve doesn't like things let him p*ss off and live somewhere else, if he wanted to use your car fine...waiting 15 minutes won't kill him will it?
Molly isn't the gsd, she is a pointer cross, lovely girl...so friendly
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 01:25 PM
TW, is it apoquel that they want him on?? if so it really is great stuff, deags is on it and has gone from 2 tablets a day down to 1/2 a tablet every other day....i pay £80 odd quid for 30 tablets for deags but i also have the immunotherapy too which is £200 every 6 months plus £12 each time she has a jab
Lol i am plonked in front of red rock too, realy going to miss it when it is finished, i do hope they put it on again. Thanks again for all your help with Max and the food...he had done really well the past 2 weeks or so eating his pasta and chicken and his dog food at night
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-09-2016, 01:35 PM
She didn't say what it was called, probably like me and can never get the names right.
Really sorry it wasn't a better outcome, I was really hoping that it wasn't anything sinister, it all sounded identical to Choco, the Rhodesian Ridgeback where Taran is, and they had to let him go a couple of months back, so I had a bad feeling about it all from the start.
Poor lad, run free Max, no more pain
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Apoquel is by all accounts excellent, but caution should always be exercised. If you google it, one can find that there are a lot of serious side effects, it is not to be trifled with. Our vet has suggested it for Ben, but we are being very, very cautious because of the side-effects. It is very expensive - I know a golden who is on it and the owner swears by it, but I would advise anyone to proceed with caution - despite what the vet may say to the contrary.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 01:55 PM
i am one of the lucky ones Gnasher...no side effects at all, we will hopefully get her off it at some point...hence the immunotherapy
To be honest TW, both Steve and i knew there was something badly wrong....the vet did say that all the money in the world wouldn't change things, when i said sorry to max after he had gone she said not to say sorry, he was well loved and we didn't want him to suffer so did the best we could...sad though
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Very sad, Griff, (Huggs)
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 02:38 PM
Thanks Moyra...i was a coward and didn't call him, i text him just to check he was o.k and molly was o.k, and explained that i am dreadful at saying the right thing at the best of times and didn't want to put my foot in it, he text back and said he has just fed molly and burst into tears as he didn't have to feed max...says he might get a bit drunk as he feels so bad, i said fine but make sure he eats before hand and i told him he knows where i am if he needs anything...think i will head off for a couple of pints myself tonight...stupid how doing the right thing can make you feel so awful
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >