register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Harvey very few vets give herbal medicine or anything that isn't 'scientific' any sort of credance, worth asking but don't expect anything constructive back.Here's something that may be of interest to you

COMFREY (Symphytum officinale)
Broken and fractured bones, sprains and damaged tendons; it will stimulate respiratory organs and eliminates expectoration; helpful in arthritis, stomach problems, ulcerated tonsils, abscesses, and wounds; makes an excellent mouthwash for bleeding gums; good for anaemia and diarrhoea. With extended use, it may irritate the liver. Also known as knit bone, comfrey has a good reputation as a wound healer. It is soothing, healing and anti-inflammatory.
Uses: Comfrey is used to treat fractures, wounds, sprains, psoriasis and eczema. Internally it has been used to treat gastrointestinal problems It has been a woman's all-healer for thousands of years. Because it works, the FDA has banned its sale. You will need to grow your own.
Comfrey is a wonderful herb, used internally and externally speeds the healing of bruises, tissue and ligament tears, and broken bones non-unions. ..... One of our dogs eats straight off the plant whenever he needs this herb for soothing digestive discomfort.

Comfrey also rids the Bacteria of Streptococcus and Staphylococcus bacteria, heals urinary tract infections with blood in the urine, heals the lungs and respiratory problems, and heals skin wounds, bites and itching (externally). It is a nutrient, detoxifier, blood cleanser, infection/inflammation fighter.
*Can chop fresh leaves and roots as a poultice, for sprains, splints, shin soreness, bone fractures with horses.
Comfrey is also rich in Vitamin B12 so feed a small handful of shopped leaves to a horse that needs a pick-me-up.
Cautions: Comfrey contains compounds which have caused liver damage only IF given in larges doses for a long period in animals. Otherwise is safe and very effective for healing animals and humans. We often use the Comfrey in Homeopathic formulations for small animals (Symphytum Off 30C) for easer application as tasteless drops on head or orally.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Awww Harvey, sorry to hear Rianna isn't quite 100% yet....fingers crossed the vet will be able to help. Lol yes, we are still talking.....I can tolerate him in small doses but we are worlds apart....he earns in a day what I get by on in a month, has just given his mate over £9000 of flights thanks to some executive club thing he is in..that is double the money I see in a year!!.....we really have nothing but genes in common, he is gay...I am straight, he is rich, I am poor, he is university educated, I am not, he doesn't seem keen on my dogs and I am nuts about them! I had a bit of a chuckle to myself, if I get together with Steve and are still together at Christmas...there would be 4dogs at our house.....he would have a fit lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Its going well with Steve then is it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Oh no TW...not seen him for 2weeks!!!! he has been on holiday.....hopefully back on tomorrow so might see him this week unless they have put him on main rota....I am pretty certain he is interested though as he sent his mate to see if I had a ring on my wedding finger....I usually do but have told him I am single and his mate was laughing and said as he was getting off the bus " so you are happy now your girlfriend has got on" and was blowing kisses....last time i saw him he was giving me the spanish inquisition as to why i am single, who i live with etc, twelling me he wants to start dating but is scared.I will just wait and see, would be nice but I am used to being on my own...he did ask what had happened with my leg and seemed fine with that but haven't said anything about the rest....no point if it is going nowhere
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2016, 11:32 PM
That seems quite hopeful doesn't it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2016, 12:19 AM
Yeah, trouble is I have been so badly treated in the past I swore I would never get involved again and let anyone hurt me....I am very shy but I can to him easily and he does seem nice but there is that little niggle at the back of my mind that says I will end up hurt...who knows , he could be my Mr right and if I don't risk it I will never know...guess I will just take it easy and see how things pan out, might end up with a new mate at the least
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3