Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by agalfv View Post
Just curious about the boxer who won BOB, have he completed any health tests? I searched on KC's "Health Test Results Finder" but couldn't find anything.
Have a look at the Boxer breed council lists .

The heart tests will have been done ,,doubt Hips or anything else though...
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2012, 10:54 AM
I can't imagine the bassets getting through the vet check.

And yes, I thought the bc was lame and hard to tell without feeling him but a little podgy or too much coat- or both!
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Well where do we go from here folks ? - disqualifying dogs will have huge implications on the remaining available gene pools - we simply cannot conjure up healthier versions out of thin air ! if dogs like the more moderately shaped Bulldog bitch are publicly denounced as unhealthy and subsequently should not then be used then where are the future generations going to come from ?- it's VITAL that the Kc supports breeders to make changes and is realistic about the time scales involved -stabbing exhibitors and breeders in the back like this may have huge implications for the KC's future as the governing body of dog showing - the FCI are just waiting in the wings ( they already control the show scene in Ireland) -..and they most certainly will NOT get into bed with Jemima Harrison et al !! - we do indeed live in 'interesting' times
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
I can't imagine the bassets getting through the vet check.
she's being uber strict but she is only a judge so godknows what will happen. I hope someone can represent them. My poor breed
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2012, 11:07 AM
At least she is making an effort to pick not only the best example but the healthiest too.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2012, 11:09 AM
What's annoying me is that some are pulling faces after being asked to leave, you think they'd get the hint
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
What's annoying me is that some are pulling faces after being asked to leave, you think they'd get the hint
You think they might know it was coming.

Good on the judge.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Blimey to the ages!

An extra two years would really help these dogs.

rune
EllesBelles
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by bijou View Post
Well where do we go from here folks ? - disqualifying dogs will have huge implications on the remaining available gene pools - we simply cannot conjure up healthier versions out of thin air ! if dogs like the more moderately shaped Bulldog bitch are publicly denounced as unhealthy and subsequently should not then be used then where are the future generations going to come from ?- it's VITAL that the Kc supports breeders to make changes and is realistic about the time scales involved -stabbing exhibitors and breeders in the back like this may have huge implications for the KC's future as the governing body of dog showing - the FCI are just waiting in the wings ( they already control the show scene in Ireland) -..and they most certainly will NOT get into bed with Jemima Harrison et al !! - we do indeed live in 'interesting' times
Hmm...I have a different view on this. If the gene pools available contain unhealthy dogs, they should never have been considered 'breeding stock', and therefore the gene pool should never have been as big as it is.

There will be a transition period, and there is every chance that breeders will give up and the number of puppies available will drop for a while, but we are in the middle of a rescue crisis and we don't need breeders who don't breed for health.

The exhibitors have not been stabbed in the back. They have been told that unhealthy dogs will not win. The bad feeling was caused by the exhibitors themselves - lying about why your dog was disqualified was never going to do anyone any favours.

We can't do a slowly-slowly approach. We'll lose more and more of breeds to bad health. Look at the CKCS - heart conditions are so prevalent that even the breed club are saying that it is almost impossible to find a UK-bred dog who has a completely clear history.

Perhaps being behind the scenes the past few days has brainwashed me to their way of thinking a little, but the whole Breeding will be more difficult/the rest of the world will hate us argument is just not good enough to outweigh the need for healthier dogs.
Page 25 of 40 « First < 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 > Last »