View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2012, 05:48 PM

Good doggy places to go near Caernarfon?

Well we thought we were going on holiday to the Lake District very soon which I know very, very well as my nan and grandad lived there until they died.

But dad rang the lady who runs the cottage last night (to check how much extra it would be for Whisper, funnily enough!) and she's only gone and let it out to someone else!! Told a lot of lies and refused to accept responsibility.

We were disappointed but dad enthusiastically started ringing round other places and unbelievably he managed to find us a lovely caravan near Caernarfon! (( This One )) in fact! It's an excellent price and looks to be in a lovely location so we're not bothered about the change in direction!

But it must be over 20 years since I was last in Wales! And though mum and dad have been recently they've been with my nieces / nephews so not the same sort of holiday.

Soooo..... any suggestions dogsey folk??
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Sorry to hear your holiday got messed up but glad it's back on track now . I have a friend who went on holiday near there recently, I'll speak the her and see if she knows any good places. She didn't take a dog with her as hers recently passed away but she's so used to looking for dog friendly places she may have picked up on some.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrekin View Post
Sorry to hear your holiday got messed up but glad it's back on track now . I have a friend who went on holiday near there recently, I'll speak the her and see if she knows any good places. She didn't take a dog with her as hers recently passed away but she's so used to looking for dog friendly places she may have picked up on some.
Thank you. Am looking forward to it! Got to do a journey plan now for some breaks for Whisper. We had it all planned out for the Lakes! Wales is not too far from us though as we're in the Midlands anyway.

I love bird watching etc too so it'll be nice to explore a different area.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Bedgelert, Snowden, fair few doggy beaches - watch out for adders on Angelsey
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Looks lovely! You will have Black Rock Sands at Porthmadog - I believe there are areas where dogs are allowed.

http://www.gwynedd.gov.uk/upload/pub...rfa_Bychan.pdf

You have the whole of Snowdonia to explore.

I love North Wales.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Thank you! We've not taken Whisper to a beach yet - as she's from Blackpool it will be interesting to see how she reacts to the seaside! xx

There will be lots of pics I promise that!

Since she's going with 'nan and grandad' as well as us she will be spoilt rotten lol!
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Ooh if you do visit Beddgelert and see the monument take a picture for me :P
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Ooh if you do visit Beddgelert and see the monument take a picture for me :P
I will indeedy xx

And will think of the Lovely Gelert if / when we go! (Am sure we will as it's somewhere I really want to go)