Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 11:08 AM

Do you remember when Luke was assaulted

This is going back a couple of years & thanks to his younger brother,Tom & two other witnesses,the lad who is a known trouble maker was arrested & charged.

It took several attempts to get him to court and finally a warrant issued for his arrest,all he got was to pay Luke £50 in compensation and to go on a youth offenders programme.We had the woman visit us who banged on about him,whilst no support or consideration was shown to my son.

Anyway just been to fetch some bits & pieces and this lad's photo is all over the front of the local paper,he went to court yesterday,charged with Bomb making They have postponed sentencing.....
In my opinion they should lock him up & throw away the key.

Yes the youth offending programme worked wonders didn't it,he has committed various offences,including assault,ABH,Criminal damage, theft & burgulary and now bomb making but we like to give these useless pieces of crap a second chance to destroy other peoples lives don't we.

Sorry for the rant,but it makes me so damn angry
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Blimey Sal something very wrong with the system these days.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 12:15 PM
That's awful, it's always the criminals put first. I agree lock him up and throw away the key.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Oh gosh that is scary. He needs to be locked up but he will probably get community service or some pathetic fine again. The system needs a good shake up. I have actually had a conversation with a repeat offender and he told me jail was cushy and he didn't mind being banged up at all. What does that tell us?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 01:02 PM
I find it extremely frightening,for a young lad of 18 years old to have a list of offences like that at his age and up until now he has always had a slap on the wrist and placed on a young offenders programme,surely someone somewhere could see it wasn't working,something should have been done along time ago!

He was excluded from school,thrown out of college for carrying a knife,the WPC who visited us shortly after Luke was assulted said to us the warning signs were there from an early age,so why didn't someone step in ?

I spoke to a member of staff from the gateway project who help youngsters with special needs and provide housing for them, said to us when Luke was considering moving out,that the lad was not allowed anywhere near there premises,or a place on the scheme.

And this is how it esculates when you have a justice system which clearly doesn't work.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
And this is how it esculates when you have a justice system which clearly doesn't work.
Sal I agree with you 100% better not get me started on the failings of the justice system, it makes my blood boil when I read about these circuit judges being chauffered around in bullet proof cars and staying in special houses (What the hell is wrong with them staying in a Travel Lodge )

We are not allowed to know their names or where they live so in effect they really do live in another world.

I do remember about Luke being assulted by this low life **** and as you say no one has bothered about the victim and no one has been able to stop the offender from doing whatever he wants. It's simple really, lock him up and throw away the key.