Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Boxacrazy View Post
The Boxer - JP Wager 1949 inc Dust Jacket
Our Friend the Boxer - Rowland John 1951 inc Dust Jacket
Judging the Boxer Enno Meyer - inc Dust Jacket
1955 and 1956 British Boxer Club year books

Also have a booklet produced by Allon Dawson - Boxers of Germany 1930-1935. I don't know when this is dated as there isn't a 'publication' date on it.
Was looking for a copy of "My life with Boxers " by Frau Stockmann, the earliest one I can find is a first addition 1966 I think !!
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Ps off topic but I bet some of the books on this thread (and to be on this thread), would be worth a few quid on ebay!!!! Just thinking of the Malamute book from another thread.
Not necessarily, there are only two books in Mals that seem to go for ridiculous prices. The one in the other thread was first published in 1998, the other in 1985, however you can pick up books from the 70's fairly cheaply. The difference being the one published in 1998 is a very comprehensive book on all aspects of Mals and Mal ownership where as the older books don't go into as much detail and don't appeal to people unless they are interested in the history of the breed.
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Was looking for a copy of "My life with Boxers " by Frau Stockmann, the earliest one I can find is a first addition 1966 I think !!
You can pick them up on ebay etc.

I have the much later one with updated translations of other articles.

John Farrell's daughter did have a copy for sale.
But I don't know if she still has it for sale. She was selling her dad's Boxer book collection (Har dad sadly passed away).
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2