Originally Posted by ste.n.steph
lol you took the word right out of my mouth

*hides before minky comes back* lol
Oi you lot - what's this, pick on Minky day
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Ah see, the point is, you can just arrange a meet in your area, than whoever wants to go, can!

Some people can and will go further than others. Like me, I have no car, so couldn't go that far (Bodhi on the train for over and hour nightmare...)!
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by minky
Oi you lot - what's this, pick on Minky day

awwww minky
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 04:19 PM
For example - Taken from another forum

Post title:

Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff
Picadily Gardens (by caff nero) AT 3 till 4 then down to the gas works (to be confermed), 19/2/2006
Then add some info about where you want to meet, what time etc

This is a post from a POI meet, and may not be a good example, as they organise quite a few get togethers!!

Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 http://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html
The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub
( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .)
{ We are a nice bunch like that }

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep

But you catch the drift!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-02-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm meeting up with loads of people from DW at Crufts, I just found out who was going and gave them my mobile number and told them to give me a ring on the day and we'll all meet up
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 04:26 PM
awwww minky
In the huff now, not playing *toys fly out of the pram*
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by minky
In the huff now, not playing *toys fly out of the pram*

awwww me sowwy *hugs* hehehehe
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 04:33 PM
awwww me sowwy *hugs* hehehehe
mmmmm okay, forgiven

Anyhoooo, back to what Bodhi was saying - I think its a good idea
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2006, 04:39 PM
lol yeah it is

anyway i am off girls have to feed doggies, then go for a shower and then go for my weigh in at weight watchers
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Good luck Steph x
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >