Our sister sites
Our sister sites
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-08-2009, 08:04 PM

Donating to charity

Just something to ponder on...

Breed specific legislation kills dogs. Innocent pets whose only crime is to look 'wrong'. The purpose of the Dangerous Dogs Act is not protect dogs. It is to protect society from dogs. It doesn't work, it's a awful law but that's not the point I'm making here. The point I'm making is that BSL is all about restricting dogs, killing dogs and eliminating dogs. One thing that it is certainly not about is helping dogs.

So the next time you feel like you might want to donate some money to charity remember - some charities, or at lest one charity, who promises to use your money to help dogs actually uses it to persecute, prosecute and punish them by actively assisting the implementation of an Act it claims to oppose.

The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) has created the post - London Dangerous Dogs Project Officer. That officer works closely with SDU officers resulting in more effective working relationships and outcomes.
http://www.mpa.gov.uk/committees/sop/2009/090608/11/
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 08:39 PM
i never give to them anyway, they are too interested in getting involved in political issues than actually helping animals.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 09:15 PM
I have no faith whatsoever in the RSPCA!!!
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2009, 07:36 AM
I'd only give to a local branch but not nationally, they're run individually right, so the money helps that shelter and doesn't go to HQ?
We support our nearest local dog shelter because they gave us our beautiful Maggie.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Just something to ponder on...

Breed specific legislation kills dogs. Innocent pets whose only crime is to look 'wrong'. The purpose of the Dangerous Dogs Act is not protect dogs. It is to protect society from dogs. It doesn't work, it's a awful law but that's not the point I'm making here. The point I'm making is that BSL is all about restricting dogs, killing dogs and eliminating dogs. One thing that it is certainly not about is helping dogs.

So the next time you feel like you might want to donate some money to charity remember - some charities, or at lest one charity, who promises to use your money to help dogs actually uses it to persecute, prosecute and punish them by actively assisting the implementation of an Act it claims to oppose.

http://www.mpa.gov.uk/committees/sop...009/090608/11/
this report is about tackling gangs who used dogs as weapons and status dogs.

ok, these dogs will be aggressive and wont be able to be rehomed because of the idiots who have made them this way, but by tackling the problem at scource, it is a step forward in reducing what is becoming a worrying and dangerous problem.

your suggesting that the two large dog charities are just about killing dogs, well reading this report they are involved to help stop this problem esculating.
yes, initially dogs will be destroyed, and thats sad, but it has to do this.

have you got some sort of hate campaign against these two charities?
what if all the other large charities got involved to solve this horrendous problem? would you still feel so strongly about this report?