View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hman3333
New Member!

07-03-2005, 03:25 AM

sad news , looking for any answers

hey guys my 7 year old chocolate lab died in her sleep last friday and was wondering if any of you could diagnose what may have happend. i have been torn up all weekend about it. but on friday she was acting fine, very playfull jumping around like alwasy, but friday night when i let her in she was barely walking, she did not want to move, she lied down on my bedroom floor and would not get up for anything after that, she had no physical injuries to her, and it was sudden, but on sat morn around 3 -4 she passed away. i was wondering if any of you had ever seen this before or could tell me anything
thanks
harris
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-03-2005, 04:29 AM
What a sad thing to happen. It is bad enough when they die in the fullness of time or from a diagnosed illness, but to go unexpectedly like that must have been a great shock for you.

Did you not consult a vet when you could see that there was something very wrong with her? If you did, what did he/she say?

It would be virtually impossible for us to guess what may have happened. Could she have been bitten by a snake? Reaction to an insect sting? Picked up poison of some kind? Bloat? Pyometra? Heart diease? Stroke? Without an autospy you will probably never know.

My symapathies to you.
SB
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 07:09 AM
My sympathies to you hman3333 it must be a terribly distressing time for you, but as Shadowboxer has said without an autopsy you will never know what happened. I don't think any of us would like to "guess" what happened there are simply too many possibilities
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-03-2005, 07:20 AM
So sorry to hear this Harris, your vets the only one to get to the bottom of this
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 07:23 AM
Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss

I agree with the others, an autopsy will probablely be the only way to find out why...
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 07:41 AM
the very same thing happened to me about 7 yrs ago unfortunatly one of our boxers had a mammory tumour and after several ops the vet told us the kindest thing was to let her go the following sat the other dog was off colour and she was taken straight to the vet we were told that she was fine but if we were still worried about her to bring her back on the monday well for no reason she died that night you can not believe the shock it took me years to come to terms with losing 2 dogs in a space of a week i was so bad i had them cremated and kept the ashes in their own caskets for 5 years before i could bury them it was soo hard so i do know the shock of losing a dog so sudden you poor thing i am so sorry for you and in tears again while writing this thinking of my 2 you never forget the vet wanted to do an autopsy and said how sorry he was but i could not let him touch her so even know i dont know WHY
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

07-03-2005, 08:26 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Harris
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Thats awful news....hope you feel better soon, it must be a terrible shock
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-03-2005, 10:54 AM
So sorry for your loss.

Ian
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-03-2005, 11:03 AM
Try to remember the good days my friend no doubt there were many of them, hope that time heals.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >