Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 09:03 AM

this might surprise a few about loving breeders

I have taken this over from heated debates as some of you might not have read it just the other week I had a phone call from a loving breeder yeh! right ! to say that he had a6yr old boxer bitch that HE HAD FINISHED WITH and it would be cheaper to give her to me to re-home than have her put to sleep , right it costs him nothing to give her to me this dog had made made him thousands of pounds in her life but now she was a drain on his pursestrings loving ,caring, breeders don,t make me laugh this kind of thing unfortunatly goes on all the time she has been homed with a lovely couple who are totally in love with her did he ask ,did he care NO just glad to get shot of her it makes me so ANGRY how to others feel about this ? is it ok?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-02-2005, 09:09 AM

Is this a well known show breeder?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

09-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Why not continue this in Heated Debates rather than starting another thread? The Boxer threads are confusing enough as it is
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Carole

Is this a well known show breeder?
cant see what difference this makes but YES and most times it always is
Carole
Supervisor

09-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Annestaff
Supervisor

09-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by scottish boxer
I have taken this over from heated debates as some of you might not have read it just the other week I had a phone call from a loving breeder yeh! right ! to say that he had a6yr old boxer bitch that HE HAD FINISHED WITH and it would be cheaper to give her to me to re-home than have her put to sleep , right it costs him nothing to give her to me this dog had made made him thousands of pounds in her life but now she was a drain on his pursestrings loving ,caring, breeders don,t make me laugh this kind of thing unfortunatly goes on all the time she has been homed with a lovely couple who are totally in love with her did he ask ,did he care NO just glad to get shot of her it makes me so ANGRY how to others feel about this ? is it ok?
To me this is definatly NOT ok, but some people won't find a problem with this
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Well at least he's not having her PTS because she's reached a certain age and she's been found another home with a couple who love her.

U've done your part and well done on finding her a new home
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 09:38 AM
I'm going to get my ears burned off here BUT!!

My breeder does NOT do this!!! I know so!

First!!! I DO NOT THINK IT'S OK!! (shouted there to make my point!!) If indeed this is the point then I think its disgusting!!

Have you ever thought of the possibility that MAYBE the man had too many dogs to take care of? Maybe he wanted to give this bitch away in order to bring new blood into his lines? Maybe the bitch started getting aggressive with his other dogs?!!!

And just maybe he made it up about PTS her? Could he not have just said that so's she would goto a compassionate home?

I could be totally wrong and the guy may not give a da*n about the bitch!!

But what sadl< galls me is your demeanor towards breeders!! There are people on this forum who are against breeding and breeders!!! They are not all like that and maybe you should get to know a few before you make such a sweeping statement.

You live in the UK though ,a country which says it loves its dogs. But from what I can see it doesn't seem that way. Oh I don't mean about you I can see that you love your dogs almost more than life itself (I mean you Dogwebbers!! ) but all those puppy farms? The DDA? All that abuse? I can hardly watch Animal Hospital!! It doesn't look like it form over here

I'm sorry for ranting here I'll say I'm sorry in advance. Sorry to anyone about any offence I caused!!
CBT
Dogsey Senior

09-02-2005, 09:41 AM
I am surprised at his honesty!
I think it is bad that he doesnt try to find her a home himself and is using up your valuable resources, If It were one of my dogs, I would want to rehome it myself, so I knew that she was going to a good home.

However, he has come to you and asked you for help, and you are a boxer rescue, so lets stop the breeder bashing for a minute and see what would be the best thing to do in these circumstances?
Can the dog be taken in and fostered til a new home comes up? or did you turn the man away because you were angry at his attitude?
Ask any person involved in rescue and they will tell you that having the ability to be diplomatic for the sake of the dog is a very useful ability to cultivate.

What has happened to the dog? that would be my main concern
CBT
Dogsey Senior

09-02-2005, 09:46 AM
I agree gordon lover, it seems to be the age-old rescue people verbally bashing breeders which rears its ugly head every so often.

Not all breeders are bad. Not all are irresponsible.

Im not being funny, but a lot of rescue work can be disheartening and disparaging, but you have to keep going for the dogs sakes.
Ranting every time something bad happens isnt going to solve anything is it?
When I first saw Diesel she was ribs on legs and the ugliest dog you ever saw, bright red eyes and heavy tear staining, I felt like telling her owners they shouldnt be allowed to have a dog and giving them a right earful, but I held my tongue because if I had have let rip, I might not have been able to rescue her and take her in and try and help her!
so maybe a pinch of diplomacy is whats needed here.

And sometimes when a dog has serious problems etc, the help of a rescue is required to rehome the dog, widening the rift between breeders and rescue is IMO not going to help the dogs
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »