Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2006, 06:23 PM

Not Sure How I Feel

Not trying to sound big headed here but this chap Dave who I am seeing seems rather besotted with me.
Now I am out of practice by 25 years of all this dating lark so I am not sure if its normal to be like that as I am more cautious.
He has booked a table for a meal tonight and he wants to meet Charly and my sons when Charly and I go visiting Xmas eve and spend as much time with me over Xmas as he can. He is constantly telling me I am so wonderful and calling me Darling. Says he has never met anyone so honest, down to earth and natural as me (hope he means that in a good way LOL).
He seems really kind hearted and gentle and was hurt badly by his ex wife, but are all men this way when you start seeing them? I am not an overly lovey dovey person never have been and I am finding this a bit overpowering. I need to take things slowly, but he just constantly everyday either rings me and sings my praises and calls me "Darling" and is the same when we go out and wants to keep cuddling me .
Last night he rang and said he hoped I wouldn't be offended but he wanted to buy me a nice item of Jewlerry for Xmas.
I only met him a week ago isn't all this a bit quick or is it my past bad experiences holding me back?
I'm so confused
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-12-2006, 06:29 PM
They are all different and if he admires your honesty perhaps tell him gently exactly how you feel, he may feel just as confused as you and think that you need displays of affection, apparently some women thrive on it. In my experience guys prefer to know where they stand.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2006, 06:38 PM
I would say the very fact that you are asking us if its normal is because deep down you are finding it a bit disturbing.

He does sound a bit 'clingy' for a week, but perhaps that is because you say he was hurt before.

I'd tell him he didn't need to buy me anything for Christmas. Tell him that you like him (if you do) and that he doesn't have to try so hard. Just be that honest down to earth person he finds appealing and tell him how you feel.

Its wrong to 'put up' with someones over enthusiasm, especially if he really is lovely, just tell him how you feel. Hopefully he'll realise that the fact you can talk to him means you aren't giving him the brush off.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2006, 06:41 PM
I think you need to make it clear how you feel, what you want etc.
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2006, 06:41 PM
if you feel things are going a little fast, tell him. Your clearly a little uncomfortable.

Relationships can and do develop quickly (i moved in with John within 2 wks of meeting him and engaged after 3 months! We have been together now for 3yrs and things are wonderful) But if your not happy with the way things are happening let him know, otherwise its unfair on you both.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

19-12-2006, 08:40 PM
I would agree with the others if you feel uncomfortable tell him. Its better to be honest then you both know where you stand. just be honest with him and I am sure he will appreciate it.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2006, 08:48 PM
If you're not ready for this kind of intensity so soon, then you must tell him. Baz and I got together in 10 days. It'll be 18 years next month
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Well I saw him last night and he was not so overpowering in fact was a complete gentleman.
We have arranged that he will come and meet Charly on Xmas eve and watch her ride my friends horse and then take her to macdonalds. He accepted fine I wouldn't see him Xmas or Boxing day, he did however ask if he could see me before Xmas eve and I said I would see as with work and still having masses to do for xmas yet I am rushed off my feet. He didn't push just said to let him know.
He never mentioned the pressie anymore so that was a relief.
I did get a text from him when i got in making sure I got home ok and to tell me he thought I was a wonderful lady and he couldn't wait to see me again.
I think perhaps its just me as I am nervous about making a relationship to anyone and I like my independance so will find it hard to share my precious time with anyone, I am just out of practice at having to consider anyone else.

Bev
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

20-12-2006, 11:19 AM
I am sure Bev that it will all work out in the end. It is difficult to learn to share your time when you have been so used to doing your own thing. Whatever happens have a nice Christmas and New Year and good luck .
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Good Luck Bev He sounds like a lovely man, and hopefully he will make you very happy x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >