View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Thanks, Lynn. Morning Twix, Meg. We have a strange wafer candy here named Twix, that name always reminds me of it. I'll be back in later.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-01-2015, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hopefully the heating will play ball later when pressure is down its dropping slowly.
'morning Moyra and all above

Lynn, you have made me think about this 'pressure' thing, I don't even know where the pressure qauge is on our boiler, it can only be behind the front panel and I've never had that off, the service man did of course and I presume he checked it. When he was here we discovered the instruction manual left by previous owner was the wrong type!! How can anyone live with an expensive central heating system for 5 years and not know the instruction manual is for a completely different model

Anyway, hope it gets sorted Friday, hope you manage all the things to do with funeral OK, hope dear old Dillon stays good and last all hope you keep a smile on your face through all the probs. Speak again tonight maybe. (Have to go now as I'm on the lap top battery only mode and have only about ten minutes before it needs charging which means a move (to complicated to explain on here sorry )
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Good morning

Hope Lauryn's doctors appointment goes well and also that Sarah is much improved.

Do hope the boiler os ok on Frday and there is a simple repair that makes it behave itself Lynn. This has been going on for too long now. Keep smiling it will soon be Spring!

Very wet underfoot and damp in the air but Teazle and I have had our walk. Living room furniture coming today sometime between 2.00 - 5.00 pm so nothing else planned for today

Stay safe and warm
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2015, 10:03 AM
Not nice here at all, sleety type rain falling, like Meg says it has warmed up slightly, according to the forecast this is in for the day, which puts my plans on the back burner, hoping for a bit of a break in it so I can whisk girls out and back at least. Not heard from the garage about the wheel bearing ( surely shouldn't take that long its only coming from Yorkshire) nor the insurance, think I'll be doing a chase up on the phone today. Lynn that boilers got a life of its own I'm sure, I am wondering myself if Matt knew there would be more problems, then again its work for him, can't pretend to begin to understand the ins and outs of it all. I just hope that you can cope with this plus the funeral arrangements because its so wearing on you. Mandy give the school hell about the PE Saga and poor Lauryn, it isn't fair at all, tantamount to bullying. Twix LOL at OH, but isn't it supposed to be bad luck to turn something right side in when you've put it on wrongly. Moyra hope things have calmed down at home and you get somewhere with finding better warmer accommodation for yourself. Harvey maybe they never used the instruction manual,or maybe they had a proper one but didn't choose to leave it, strange people eh Eileen hope Sarah is well and getting better now. Sue what on earth are you going to do once the house is finished, you are zooming round all over, you'll be lost when it stops
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2015, 12:58 PM
June, hope you get a break in the weather soon so you can get the girls out. Just got back from walking Amber in the sleet. Miserable here.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Still raining here really heavy and miserable as well. So much for the Master Plan. Been in the cupboard under the stairs which is full to brimming and you can barely close the door, and got stuff to throw out, will do more after my butty and cup of tea. Girls had a bone each and I've cleaned out and tidied them up, they're not in the least bothered, just me feeling guilty I think, they hate the rain, strange how they love the river (apart from Cariad) and can spend hours running in and out and swimming, but take them out in the rain you'd think I was the cruellest person on earth i've lit the fire because the house has gone cold, was watching the weather forecast after the news and we've got a small warm patch coming up, before back into the ice and snow.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2015, 02:37 PM
I WANT SNOW I WANT SNOW I WANT SNOW!!!

We were PROMISED snow last night by Daventry weather and have we got any? No we so**ing well haven't and I am absolutely p'ed off!!!

S'not fair! S'not fair!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2015, 02:39 PM
We had a powercut last night for hours right up until midnight. It was so romantic, curled up in front of the fire, a pot of water boiling on the top because we had no electricity. It was great, all we needed was loads of the white stuff to complete the happy picture!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Afternoon everybody been out for some shopping and remembered the hot water bottle to take the chill off the bed.
Elaine rang and we had a nice long chat. Got the log burner going now and hope the heating comes on at 5.30.
It is very cold and grey here again today.
I am praying we do not get snow especially when we have the funeral on 6th February. Terrible if Michael and us from this end could not attend due to bad weather we all need that closure.

Harvey our pressure gauge is along the top on a panel inside the boiler next to the warning light for low pressure then the on/off switch and test switch underneath that. And at the end the reset button and over heat switch. All those things are on a black board which is the circuit board. Having the wrong manual is as bad as no manual at all which we were left with.
Hope the garage get in touch soon June and the insurance.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2015, 03:42 PM
I too hope your boiler heating comes on at 5.30 Lynn.
June, any joy with the insurance people or the garage? Everything seems to be in limbo. I must take Amber out again and it is beginning to look dark already, must be more sleet in the air. Just about right!
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »