View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2015, 07:17 AM

Good Morning Dogsey Daily Thread. (Wednesday)

Morning everyone, another dark cold morning. Still no snow here yet. Think I may have got up too early.

Have a good day everyone, stay safe, dry and warm and above all well. Take care. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2015, 07:26 AM
Morning Moyra dark here too and raining a little. Also cold.
Hope the feet are feeling better and that Lauryn and Sarah continue to improve.

The boiler is really confusing me re: the heating. Overnight when its not being used it over heats over heat switch comes on and the pressure has built up. Hence why over heat switch comes on. It will take ages for the pressure to come down for the boiler to feel happy, need to switch it off then it has been firing up and working on over ride of the timer. Last night it came on as it should at 5.20 pm went off about 6.40 pm and stayed off I had the log burner going. Over night the pressure has built up again and it didn't come on as it should at 6.20 am and won't come on now till the pressure has dropped to a reasonable level. Baffled by it all. Hopefully the engineer will be able to sort it easily and cheaply Friday as we are on a budget with this thing now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Oh dear Lynn, it does sound somewhat tempremental. I hope the engineer when he comes out Friday can get sorted once and for all. Maybe this is why Matt has never come back to you because he knew she was going to continue to give you trouble.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2015, 07:54 AM
Might be Moyra I shall run out of engineers if this is the case and put on a black list.
Gill said last night its like the house has something against us. Could of done without all this this week.
Oh well off out later for some shopping and more logs. Hopefully the heating will play ball later when pressure is down its dropping slowly. I know the hot water is a no go till hopefully it can be fixed.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2015, 08:06 AM
Morning Moyra, dark, wet and miserable here too. Stay warm.
Morning Lynn, can't believe that boiler I think that Gill is right the house definitely is against you
Busy today, hope everyone has a good one, I will be back later.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2015, 08:23 AM
Morning
Still snowing here, only lightly though
Put the trip to Costa and IKEA off, will need to go into town though so will do that later, I need new wellies as mine have split. Am at work later, will assume it won't be busy.
I've rang the doctors and have an appointment for Lauryn at 10 to 3, so will be fetching her out of school at 2.30.

Sorry to read about the trouble you are having with your boiler Lynn
Hope you all have a good day
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2015, 08:23 AM
Morning, everyone. Hope everyone who wasn't well is feeling better. We had a water heater issue, made a mess of the den and was costly to repair, so hopefully it can get sorted out fine. Aunt wants to visit again, uncle kicked her out again. Oh, no. Poor lady is anorexic and very ill, very hard to live with. But this time, our arms are wide open... uncle has been hard on her. Have surgery tomorrow, hope it runs smoothly. Was assigned a blood bank # yesterday, will need one unit of blood beforehand. Hope everyone has a nice day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2015, 08:41 AM
Morning Nippy Jen hard to believe isn't it I am down this road again been going on and off since September. Don't work too hard.
Shame about the trip being put off Mandy.
Good luck for tomorrow Myra.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Morning all.

Moyra I reckon it was still dark when you got up. Hope the foot etc is ok but these damp mornings don't help. My fingers all but seize up and I can't get the top off a juice carton even

Lynn you need to get a bomb under that ruddy boiler. I wish I knew what else to suggest.

Morning Nippy don't work too hard.

Mandy hope you haven't had too much more snow. I can't believe that schools ban conkers because of health n safety yet they pressure your daughter like that when it could be detrimental to her.

Lacey hope your daughter improves from now on

Well I've got to find room in the freezer for all that food, not looking forward to that. Hate chest freezers. There's stuff in the bottom that is unrecognisable. Just seen the OH get in his car with his body warmer on inside out the worrying thing is when I told him he didn't bother to change it.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2015, 09:01 AM
Good morning fellow members cold and wet here. The temperature went up a bit last night and the promised snow fell as rain much to my relief.

It was horrible out in the fields though, squelchy mud and Chloe's feathering went from white to brown in 2 seconds

Off to search my store of birthday cards to see if I have one for my great niece. I don't want to have to go out to the shops today.

I hope all the poorlies are feeling better, I do but I sound worse with a strange deep gravely voice

Enjoy your day everyone
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »