View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Myra hope you too are ok but please think before you type how you may offend as you often do, I am sure you do not mean to but you have an unfortunate way of advising peeps.
Hmph. I had a feeling it would come off as offensive to you. I word things the best way I can and people can take it or leave it. I'm also fairly certain the advice will be totally ignored as if I do not know what I am talking about. That usually happens, as well... even though sometimes I totally know what I am talking about and my advice is solid.

I would say that your opinions of me "often" offending people and that my wording is "unfortunate" is offensive, but I wouldn't want to offend anybody.

My advice being offensive does not mean it's worthless. Thanks for blowing it off, though. I wasn't trying to be offensive, but I knew the subject would make it so, but hoped the person could look past that. I shall never give you anymore of my offensive advice again. Apologies for trying to help. I give up.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Meg, Vicks and socks for the coughing... i got so desperate i would try anything and it seemed to work... i have no idea how but it did and not just for me but my friend too
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Meg, Vicks and socks for the coughing... i got so desperate i would try anything and it seemed to work... i have no idea how but it did and not just for me but my friend too
H Griff Is that Vics on the feet and a sock in the throat I guess that would stop me coughing pretty quick
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Lol, yep that would definitely stop the cough!!! i didn't even use "proper" vicks either but some cheapo stuff i got from wilko but did the job, one weird thing i did find out when googling about vicks on your feet was it can apparently sort out athletes foot??? very odd!
Dad has just gone back to the drs, he needs to get put on statins as his cholesterol is 7.5, she will also need to fill in the form for the genetic screening nurse so he can attnd the cascade clinic like he should have done 4 years ago! he still isn't right so will probably end up with more tablets
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-01-2015, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
No snow but very cold and we have heating problems again and no hot water
Oh heck Lynn I really thought that was behind you now. Can you get the 'good guy' back (Sorry forgotten his name) I know that the delay in the post upset him but he should be OK now he's been paid.

I assume that Grants can still supply parts so it is probably worth getting repaired, a new boiler would cost a packet I guess. Hope you can sort it soon, it's getting cold outside still you could be living where we were and minus 22C is what they have right now
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lol, yep that would definitely stop the cough!!! i didn't even use "proper" vicks either but some cheapo stuff i got from wilko but did the job, one weird thing i did find out when googling about vicks on your feet was it can apparently sort out athletes foot??? very odd!
I have heard that before about Vics Griff
I used to use Olbas Oil for colds but not much of anything these days because I use inhalers for as chest condition and other things seem to act as an irritant .
I find hot drinks work the best for coughing .
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Dry and cold here this morning but it is above freezing. off on the bone run in half an hour, got to go for lpg first, but before that the cashline for money for the lpg. Whilst I was up getting shavings yesterday I put £25 of petrol in the car as it was just below a quarter and I was told not to let it get too low as thats what caused all the problems I had with the fuel pump that time. Anyhow, there is a massive Asda up there and petrol was £103.7, cheapest I've seen it and got 24 litres for my money, and my gauge went to 3/4 - totally unheard of and I am very happy, lpg on 2 bars and will top it up to full today for about £12, then I am sorted for a few weeks. Lynn is there any chance whatsoever you could open some sort of dialogue with Matt, I find it so hard to believe he has behaved like this as he seemed so nice and helpful. LOL at you sending Gordon off with a flea in his ear, sometimes you have to have some time and space to come to terms with stuff, but I am more worried about your lack of heating and hot water in this weather. OMG Meg, have to laugh at you with a sock in your throat, whole new meaning to the phrase 'put a sock in it' hope you feel better as the day goes on. Not sure I'd want statins Griff, I've heard stuff that doesn't inspire me with confidence, and I doubt you'd get me taking them even if they were given to me. Hope the hospital goes well for Sarah, Eileen, and she was a bit better this morning. Right i need to go, got to decant 3 bales of shavings yet outside the back gate till I get back later with the bones.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Good morning

Hope Lauryn and Sarah feel better soon and good luck at the hospital today Eileen with Sarah.

Sorry your feet are still painful Moyra and that you Meg are feeling unwell.

Hugs to you Lynn and the last thing you needed was boiler trouble again. Hopefully Matt will answer his phone and help you.

Hope your dad gets what he needs at the docs Griff.

Was snowing this morning when I surfaced (wet Stuff) so went shopping instead of taking Teazle out first. Home, shopping sorted, dumplings made for the stew which has been cooking since 8.00 am and then Teazle and I had a nice walk. Now looking as though we are in for some more wet weather Nothing else planned for the day.

Keep safe and warm
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Not opening up any dialogue with Matt June I only grovel so much.
Have got an engineer coming Friday we don't have any money till then anyway. More local and OFTEC registered . He has also owned Bernese well his parents have while he lived at home they owned a mad one like Dillon.
I can get the heating to work its the hot water I can't get going so its back to the saucepan and kettle plus the log burner.

I read Vicks also cures fungal nails.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Dad is back, he has statins and according to the consultant who the whole of his family saw in birmingham he should have been put on statins about 5 years ago! we have hereditary high cholesterol and sudden death caused by heart block in our family.
TW, i was put on statins after i had a stroke and i felt the best i had felt in years, i had no side effects at all
Lynn, i really hope this new boiler man is the one who will get things right for once and for all and will be able to come and service your boiler regularly
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »