View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Well what a cliff hanger for Corrie. Now time for me to say goodnight and take myself off to be. Have a good evening all, Goodnight, God bless.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
My father has colchicine as well, but it's really not good to take it regularly. It has nasty side effects and can be hard on the digestive system. His doctor tells him only to take it when he feels the beginnings of a gout attack.
Colchicine 500 micrograms one tablet three times a day, on the second day I had some stomach pain so stopped taking it, luckily the big toe was back to normal so didn't need to contunue with it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-01-2015, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hubby regularly gets gout and he is TT. He can't take Colchioine it gives him dreadful diarrhoea
Hi Jenny, what's the alternative First time I took them last week, didn't get diarrhoea but did have some stomach pain and not feeling too good.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Harvey I take Allopurinol for kidney related matters, when prescribing it my Nephrology Consultant told me it was usually recommended for Gout. I have no side effects from it at all. Hope this helps.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 10:15 PM
No offence intended Gordon Mac with the advert. I am the one in the SSE ad. Her name is Maya. night all hope everyone feels better after a sleep.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Skin like a rhino Brenda - highly unlikely that you could do anything that would offend me - keep trying though, we all need a hobby!!!lol!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2015, 10:26 PM
LOL that's what I thought Gordon, offend Gordon - HOW Wonder where Eileen is, just seeing on the news that people in Northern Ireland are without water because the water people are on strike and are boiling snow in their saucepans,wondering if Eileen is queueing at a standpipe somewhere Also Anne Kirkbride has died cannot believe it, she was off having a rest as she was tired they said, and she died in hospital, so must have beenmore than they were saying
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-01-2015, 10:40 PM
Poor Hobbit - Queueing for a pan of water in her onesie! How sad!................Sorry about the break in posting had to try and control a bout of uncontrollable laughter that had somehow come over me! Don't doubt she'll be fine - doubt whether they would dare turn Eileen's water off. Very sad news about Anne Kirkbride, met her a couple of times down at the old Quay St., Studios, a really lovely woman. Had a huge soft spot for dogs. Don't watch Corrie so didn't know that she was off work, so to speak. As you say it must have been far more serious than anyone was saying.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 10:42 PM
There was a piece in todays paper saying that rumours of Anne kirkbride retirement were nonsense, i guess at least it was quick
i hope lacey is careful with the snow she boils and makes sure it is not yellow
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Griff - I see you are familiar with the language and traditions of the Inuit Peoples of the Northern reaches of our planet. For is it not they who coined that famous Eskimau saying "Never eat the yellow Snow".
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >