View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Hubby regularly gets gout and he is TT. He can't take Colchioine it gives him dreadful diarrhoea
I think he would agree though that is is extremely painful. He gets it all across his feet and in his knees too.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 07:47 PM
June you watching corrie? Did you get the ad of money supermarket? Is that Gordon Mac in drag.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Watching Corrie but didn't see the adv!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Thanks Nippy, I did not appreciate the innuendo that I was a heavy drinker and after you telling me that Buttercup contains alcohol I have been extremely careful. Yes, When I went to A and E with what I thought was gout and it really was painful I could not stand on my foot, the x-ray showed how my bones were double the size and they told me it was osteoarthritis. Thanks to colchicine I do not get it like that anymore but the last couple of days it was painful in my knees and across the top of my feet.

Having a nice cup of tea and then shall be off to bed as the flat is getting really cold again.

Lynn, glad you got quite a bit of business sorted today as you say because of Shipman they have to be so careful these days. Is Gill Ok only I think you said she had to start her chemo again, poor lass.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Oh hope you see it soon June then you will know what I mean. Moyra hope you can get warm. Do you have a hot water bottle?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 08:10 PM
No Brenda, I shall be fine once I am tucked up in bed with Amber keeping me warm. Lol.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Moyra we all know you're not, all the joking etc has obviously been taken seriously by someone, so ignore that please. Lynn so glad you're back home. Glad your mum's stuff has gone to deserving causes. I made sure mum had all decent stuff when she went in sheltered housing, because she was clinging to things out of the Ark, and it was like kitting a child out for boarding school and making sure everything was right! Despite the fact that my mum had been in hospital there was something on the death certificate that wasn't to do with why she was originally admitted, so we went through all that as well, so know how you're feeling, in limbo. Very sad day but it is over with now and you have experienced the sadness of going into a room where they are no longer there and not coming back and it is strange and heartbreaking isn't it. I'll keep an eye open for the adv Brenda
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 08:31 PM
If you can't wait Google money supermarket ad.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Moyra, it is tart cherry extract you need, check with the dr first though, as i said my dad had gout, i read up a little on the tart cherry extract and got him some, he never had another attack.... there was even a leaflet in the drs promoting cherry extract but i think that was black cherry...if you have a little google you will find out
Lacey you Div, go steady or there will be a whole ward of the sick bay given over to you and yours!
Lynn, it is lovely that somebody is going to make good use of the things your mum left behind, a very thoughtful thing to do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ643U7ccpM
TW, that is the Ad and i reckon our Gordon would dance better than that Lol
hi everyone i have missed...not being rude just not keeping up too well, drs was o.k the nurse sorted me out,spent most of the appointment chatting about dogs Lol. Just been to training and my mum had deagan, they both did good, kota did brilliantly...a bit over excited as we hadn't been for a month, overall i was pleased
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 08:45 PM
Griff, I heard about the cherry tart but was also told that cranberry juice was very good. I don't think this is gout it is osteoarthritis which I suffer with in all my joints at different times. Anyway it went off with paracetamol. I am just watching the second half of corrie then I shall be turning in. Glad you got yourself sorted at the docs. Dogs bring a lot of people together don't they?
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »