View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Would post a pic but some of you may be having lunch Just sliced a lump out of my finger,blood is running up my arm Not a bit sore though,didn't even realise I did it Untill I noticed the dripping!Yes I know,should of had gloves on
Almost done,about forty tiles to take downstairs( good for the thighs!!) then it'll be out with old Henry and that'll be it
MOYRA,has to be Cotton socks I think None of those Reindeer/Santa thermal jobs Supposed to be good though,hope it helps
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 02:23 PM
MANDY,good job it was this week and Lauryn wasn't poorlie on her birthday Give her a hug from me
My wee blade is going to take another few days I think Glad to be taking her back to the doc's tomorrow tbh.
Right so,I think my sprung leak has finally stopped now Back to work Oh must take a pic of my lovely floor,you'll all be so jealous!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Oh Eileen, |I only have sports socks, I think they may be too thick. I hope you haven't done too much damage to your hand! You are nuts. I am glad Sarah is picking up. Do please be careful with what you are up to.

Things look like they are picking up for Steve for some work provided his back will let him take it on. A builder he did a job for his client got hold of him as said because he had done such a lovely job he wanted him to finish the rest of the walls in the bathroom off to match. He hasn't been paid for the bit he has already been done but will be tomorrow all being good. Then he has a little job for Wednesday and while he was down the tile shop they asked him if he would take on another bathroom on Thursday so after such a terrible year maybe things are picking up at last.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2015, 03:39 PM
Has the doc said whats wrong with Lauryn, or did I miss it
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 03:40 PM
Moyra a new year a new start. Good luck to steve I hope it all goes well for him.
Lacey you dingbat how did you do that? Take care and keep it clean x
Lovely chicken stew made and sitting in the pan always better the next day
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 04:05 PM
Just had a call back from the Council if we apply for general housing then we will not be considered as they consider under the new rules we are adequately housed. On the other hand under sheltered accommodation then we meet that need but they have nothing available at the moment and will have to wait until they do. I am going to start looking again for private accommodation. I told Steve to phone his uncle to see if his grandmothers old place is currently let. That would be ideal.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Thanks Harvey, I used to suffer gout on a regular basis and as Griff said I did end up in A and E with it at its worse since then I have been regularly taking colchicine which has kept it at bay. These pains in my feet are more likely just the arthritis as it is in my knees and shins too.
My father suffers debilitating gout. It can leave him bedridden for days. This is no offense, but alcoholic beverages can REALLY trigger a gout attack. I recall you mentioning taking medicine with alcohol, along with drinking alcohol. Add in the fact that alcohol is terrible for diabetics, and the majority of moderate to severe gout sufferers are diabetic, it really should be avoided.

My dad was never a heavy drinker, but even a little bit sets off a terrible gout attack. It's really something doctors advise gout patients to avoid entirely. Its worse than many people think on gout.

My father has colchicine as well, but it's really not good to take it regularly. It has nasty side effects and can be hard on the digestive system. His doctor tells him only to take it when he feels the beginnings of a gout attack.

Again, not trying to be offensive, only help. Get better soon.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
My father suffers debilitating gout. It can leave him bedridden for days. This is no offense, but alcoholic beverages can REALLY trigger a gout attack. I recall you mentioning taking medicine with alcohol, along with drinking alcohol. Add in the fact that alcohol is terrible for diabetics, and the majority of moderate to severe gout sufferers are diabetic, it really should be avoided.

My dad was never a heavy drinker, but even a little bit sets off a terrible gout attack. It's really something doctors advise gout patients to avoid entirely. Its worse than many people think on gout.

My father has colchicine as well, but it's really not good to take it regularly. It has nasty side effects and can be hard on the digestive system. His doctor tells him only to take it when he feels the beginnings of a gout attack.

Again, not trying to be offensive, only help. Get better soon.
Noted. Thank you.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Lynn, are you back from Essex and did you achieve all you hoped to do?

Eileen, is Sarah much better now?

Hope everyone else is ok.

Corrie will be on soon and is suppose to be an explosive episode!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Evening everyone.
Hi Gerri lovely to see you fingers crossed the redundancy works out. That poor dog some people.
Eileen glad to hear Sarah is feeling better and I hope the cut is ok.
Hope all other poorlies are feeling better.

Funeral arranged can't get the death cert yet due to the fact the homes dr hasn't seen her in 14 days he has to make the coroner aware and we have to wait for the coroner to allow the dr to release the certificate. So need to get the call that is being released then the appointment for the registrar can be made and the picking up of certificate and registering her death can be made the same day. Shouldn't be too long hopefully. This is all down to Harold Shipman.

Gill and I had some tears when we walked into her room it was very sad not to see her in the bed and to know we will not see her again. The home were very grateful for the clothes they have a little lady arrived who has't much and her daughter lives miles away and cannot visit often to keep dropping stuff in. So there will be some very happy ladies in there.
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »