View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Just thought i would post a warning...on my local lost and found FB site this morning a lady had posted about having to rush her dog to the vets, the dog had chewed the mail up...she often does this but she had chewed a Hilarys Blinds leaflet, about an hour later the dog couldn't open her jaws and was drooling, try as they might they couldn't open her jaws, they took her to the vet where she was anaesthetised and when thye got her mouth open they found the piece of the leaflet and it had set like glue, we always get them through our door and in the papers and luckily my 2 don't really chew but i do give them stuff to rip up occasionally so i will be very careful
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Bright sunshine down here and I have to take Amber out again. Hope there is some news on Sarah soon. My feet are still very sore. I put new socks inside my shoes and I think they were too much and have rubbed my big toe areas. I have taken the socks out now and they feel more comfortable thankfully. Won't try that again.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2015, 12:30 PM
That is scarey Griff, fortunately Amber has never been one for attacking the post. Perhaps someone should alert Hillary Blinds.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Eileen- hope Sarah is much better this morning.
Moyra glad you feeling a bit better, but hope your feet stop hurting soon.
We've got Roast Chicken & Pork dinner cooking, I say we but hubby is cooking it really Lauryn gone off out with a friend, Liam and Sarah have gone to visit their grandma, so what am I doing ? Well I've tidied up, put a wash on and am now catching up with a The a Voice from last night
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2015, 01:39 PM
I've got a postbox now rather than a letter box, purely because the door was so expensive, but very beautiful, I couldn't bear to saw a hole in the middle of it, but it does enable me to throw all leaflets in the fire as I'm passing and there is no chance of them being chewed up, that is a scary thing to happen Griff, poor woman and even more poor dog Mist lifted slightly and its snowing off and on, was quite heavy but a lot lighter now, thats settling on the icy roads, not going anywhere today. Everyones been a walk round, had my Bearpaw boots on and they're quite good in these sort of conditions, even so was quite scary. All tucked up with bones again now. I've got the fire lit and having a cup of tea and a butty before tackling the kitchen floor which is unbelievable Was wondering where you were Moyra hope you're OK after the events of the last couple of days.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-01-2015, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
A sad day for us today mum 11/05/1920 to 18/05/2015.
Lynn, my condolances. Yes you have often written about the times when it looked like she would pass away and didn't. I think you're comment "I did it my way" is very appropriate. In a few minutes I will be walking Rianna on Knettishall Heath and will be thinking of you as I make my way around all the mud tracks and undergrowth.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-01-2015, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
the bargain of the century was when i went to Sainsbury's with the Mem, the other day they were selling off the last of the Xmas frozen turkeys - got 4 X 12lbs ones for £18, after some wrangling with the store manager.
In our previous abode which we left in October we used to be able to get turkey wings from a butcher at very good prices, I had to remove the skin and fat because of Baruska's digestion problems but there is a lot of white meat on them which both dogs loved.

Likewise it is now snowing there, the difference is that your snow will likely be gone in a week if not sooner whereas in CZ it will sit on the ground until at least the beginning of March by which time we might have three feet or more across our driveway, one of the reasons we moved 'cos I can't shoovel snow that deep any more

Taking Rianna to Knettishal Heath now and will be looking for new paths through the forrest, she seems to like it there and always meets a few other dogs which is something new for her.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Hi June, All quiet on the western front at the moment. Except for my coughing still. I cannot seem to throw off this cough it just keeps coming back.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Moyra I think you need to get another appointment with the doctor, must be wearing you down by now, and probably not sleeping very well either I should imagine. Harvey, usually they have turkey wings for me, but none this year at all, which is strange. Anyway these turkey quarters will do us very well and looking forward to my turkey dinners during the week!!! Sun is out now of cocurse, and mist has cleared, totally different from half an hour ago, too late to set off for training now, so peeved off about that.It needed to have cleared by about 1.30 for me to make a move and go.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2015, 02:53 PM
Harvey - Enjoy your walk on the heath and in the forest, hope there's not too many people about for you. Following our exchange of posts about "How Dogs Think" by Coren, which you recommended. My copy arrived 2 days ago and I have now made a start on it. The Mem found a copy available in America and even with postage it came to less than £10, although it did take a few weeks for it to arrive, it is in pristine condition. Interesting read, although it may take me a while to finish it as I am a tad busy at this time of year. Bye fer now.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »