View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Gosh twix, must say been there done that, Delaney ate a pack of pills....they were ones ny mum got in Spain, she didn't know what they were called so rushed to the vet after they spoke to the poison hotline....luckily I found part of the box and the vet recognized it as water tablets!! That 15 minutes was horrific i really thought he was going to die
Tw, thanks for that tip regards the charcoal biccies
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2015, 04:28 PM
twix only one puppy absent having had to go to the vets with a swollen nose. Haven't heard yet how she is. Caught up now with all the others wanting to come next time. So busy time of year. Hope you get sorted out Moyra. Dreadful time for you. Give him a good talking to. Thought things were getting better but a leopard never changes their spots as they say. Take Care and listen to what others are saying. We all mean well. Off now to put feet back up. tt may pop in later. What happened to the scrabble?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2015, 04:34 PM
How do you tell a woman to get rid of her son and call him a parasite? I mean really? Firstly, that is rude. Secondly, if it were that easy, would she be in this position? I don't think insulting him in front of his mother is a way to show understanding. He is her son and she loves him, it can be hard to tell people you love how you really feel about them deep down. Insulting her son won't strengthen her.

I've been there, I've totally shut the person out, they have written letters and called to say sorry, but I refuse to forgive. They have cried to other family members, who also beg my forgiveness, but it's futile. She will die alone and hated by her own family. Others hate her but have forgiven her, but I will not. I can't at this point. It shouldn't be like this between blood family members, and it can be avoided by talking things through before it's too late.

Yes he's being horrible, but sometimes the "why" can surprise you. I was horrible in my early teens and some said I'd end up in jail. Turns out I ended up in a mental facility and I changed forever. Perhaps he is going through something, who knows? I think Moyra should talk it out before kicking out.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2015, 04:44 PM
i guess it is a good thing you are so busy Brenda, nice that people want to put the effort in with their pups... i think we start back on monday if my dad is well enough
forgot to ask, has anyone here seen the sweeney? it is on tonight and not sure if it is worth a watch or not
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Twix somewhere it is always wine o'clock. in mediaeval times that is all the drank. Which is why I like mead.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Griff - The Sweeney is described in my TV Guide as "tough and gritty and dumb and empty" haven't seen it myself but this write up, I suppose, is ambiguous at best. I might give it a whirl, as ever there is always the "off" button or for me a switch to Magic Radio. Brenda - Glad you had such a decent turn out with the puppies, given the weather. The more people that attend the better it will be for everybody who owns dogs.Bye fer now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Cheers Gordon, may watch it on plus 1 then.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Evening everyone. Hope all poorlies feeling better and Moyra I do hope you and Steve can come to an amicable arrangement and remain friends still. Very difficult situation when its your child.

We have been on a mercy mission to Essex (again). Walked Dillon just getting the bacon rolls going and the phone rung. It was Adelaide from the nursing home one of the nurses. Mum is very poorly think you need to come. She had rung Michael he was already on his way and she was then ringing my other brother and I rung Gill.
We didn't stay long any of us as mum seemed then to be in an almost coma like state. Thursday and yesterday she had been sitting up talking. She had been very unwell in the night but the Dr wouldn't attend so in the end today they called out the paramedics. She wasn't responding when the staff washed her and the paramedics tested the end of her finger tips with a pin still no response. We all kissed her no response and left her like her that. Who knows whether this is it now or not.
Gorden came with me so Dillon had a bit of extra time on his own as usual always a good boy but my washing machine decided to go for a walk across the conservatory. We both now have a large glass of red.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Oh Lynn I feel for you but you will all have peace soon. Enjoy more than one glass.
Yep puppies and new owners a joy. Sweeney very old programme, OK but acting can be a bit and miss. Not a good John Thaw programme.IMO. better in Morse.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Use to like the professionals and Morse even better.
We will brenda enjoy more than one glass we won't be going back to Essex tonight. We feel is she is is going to pass tonight or tomorrow she most likely won't wake up we all said our goodbyes the first time we were called on the 21st December so will feel no guilt if we are not there for her passing if its going to happen.
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »