View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Jenny, I have managed to do some more washing and also put the hoover around the place. But again within the next half hour must take Amber for her third walk of the day.; Thankfully it is dry if cold! Take care everyone.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Freezing!!
Snow is all clearing away now but its FRIDAY!! Happy Days
Off to the bath
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Moyra,if he truly doesn't want that then he damn well needs to sort himself out! you aren't asking for the earth just some help and consideration...not much really is it?
Meg, i went blind after a stroke....scariest time of my life, thankfully it resolved very quickly but the only time i have been truly scared so understand your fear completely
Nippy, we are sorted for veg and flowers then?? i like potatoes and leeks and onions and peppers
Lynn, enjoy your film and coffee
Lacey enjoy your bath
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Moyra,if he truly doesn't want that then he damn well needs to sort himself out! you aren't asking for the earth just some help and consideration...not much really is it?
Meg, i went blind after a stroke....scariest time of my life, thankfully it resolved very quickly but the only time i have been truly scared so understand your fear completely

Nippy, we are sorted for veg and flowers then?? i like potatoes and leeks and onions and peppers
Lynn, enjoy your film and coffee
Lacey enjoy your bath
Hi Griff I didn't realise that, it must have been dreadful for you and so scary.
When my husband had his first stroke, as part of his rehabilitation he was sent to Farnham Park in Surrey (long gone I think) I was shocked to see how many young stroke victims there were there I guess we don't realise because many of them are not out and about in society.
One girl aged 21 was paralysed literally from head to toe, the cause was taking the contraceptive pill.

I hope you are doing ok now....
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 04:51 PM
i am fine with that now Meg thanks, the only after effect i have is a slight drop on one side of my face...i got off lucky i think. JessieJ the singer was a stroke victim too at a young age, she had hers due to wolff parkinson white syndrome. I genuiney feel for anyone who is left with severe long lasting effects... a very cruel thing to happen to people
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
i am fine with that now Meg thanks, the only after effect i have is a slight drop on one side of my face...i got off lucky i think. JessieJ the singer was a stroke victim too at a young age, she had hers due to wolff parkinson white syndrome. I genuiney feel for anyone who is left with severe long lasting effects... a very cruel thing to happen to people
I didn't know about Jessie J, well done to her
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 05:18 PM
My heart goes out to all of you who are surviving our own personal traumas. I do hope that with God's blessing we shall all come through 2015 together. Love to you all, M.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Aw Moyra you MUST look after yourself, I'm sure your son is capable of coping by himself. Personally I couldn't wait to leave home!
Well, one room is decluttered. A few more to go. Takes a lot of mental energy but admin was never my strong point.
Hubby got forwarded on to hospital for more blood tests. He didn't tell me he'd then gone on to work & after a few hours and no reply to my texts I got more worried so I phoned and he was at work! MEN!! I'll get the full story (or as much as he can remember) when he gets home.

So far the snow has stayed away but some roads round here were flooded last night. Roll on Spring.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 05:50 PM
Good evening

Oh Griff you have been through it with ill health. At lest you stay positive. Hope your dad is now improving with the new medication.

June I have bought a new tv stand - the one we have at the moment is old it was the stand for a 1990s tv and has holes for the legs to fit and is not very pretty. Also wanted a small cupboard for a corner of the lounge. They are due to be delivered next Wednesday.

We are not forecast any snow although it is very cold out there. I am fed up with the heavy rain and would like a little snow for a change

Moyra I do feel for you your son is not very thoughtful. My eldest always ask for my help with things, like painting his flat but he has paid for the fuel to travel there and back and has offered to buy a meal for us.

Have a good evening all and above all behave
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Sue, I m sure your son has appreciated all you have done for him. I thought Steve had too when I told him I had lodged his accounts with the Inland Revenue and saved him the £100 excess that he would have been liable too. But that apart from a peck on the cheek after was the total of his appreciation. He said he would pay for the Chinese but it came and went and I paid! Never mind. I owe him nothing it is all one way! I am certainly going to see if I can get out of this flat as soon as I can, after 17.5 years here I have had enough! He has been here over 13 years since his grandmother died.
Page 5 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »