View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 02:55 PM
No flies on me MANDY been speaking to plumber,will call tomorrow night.Is flat out and unsure if he'll be able to fit me in the next fortnight( excellent sign or what?) is coming to evaluate the scale of the operation and we'll take it from there Happy days
Hope Lauryn gets through today alright,she must be nearly finished now?
Off to see Edwin,to get my measurements and then school run.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Eileen, plumbers over here, good ones that is, are like gold dust. I hope you got some references for the one you have contacted. Mind you when you let him know that your OH is a builder and the rest of the trades are coming via his business, he should know not to muck you about.

I suppose it is nearly time for me to take Amber out again. We are to batten down our hatches as we have torrential rain or blizzard coming across with 60mph winds, I know that seems tame to what the likes of poor Norma is putting up with but bad enough for us softies in the south-east.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2015, 03:25 PM
How true Moyra - For not only does poor Norma have to put up with the snow and such, but at this time of year they will only survive by going out hunting the Wild Haggis. Wily little creatures, that hide themselves away in the heather, they apparently have two legs shorter than the other two so they can keep their eyes level as they run round mountains. Hard to catch but if you boil them for a week they are apparently very nutritious (So I'm told - please don't quote me). Bye fer now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Today is also Amber's flea treatment day. Have to leave it until bedtime as Steve moans if he goes to stroke her and he gets it on his hands. So best to do it when we are ready to settle down for bed, that way she also leaves residue on the cover and heavy towel I have over the bed to protect my duvet covers. The system works. Wish I had trained her to have her own bed from the start but at coming up for four years in May, I think it is a bit late now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Lol, Gordon guess it is coming up to that time of year when hunting for the wee beastie will be taken on with a vengeance. I have only tasted it once, many many years ago and found it too greasy for my liking but then you never know where the darn thing came from, some southern gink could have tried to mussel in on the season and tried to foist us off with mince, onions, tatties etc wrapped up in a sheeps gut and served up with swede as neeps. Never get away with it up there of course.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Personally Moyra - whether from North or South - I have so little liking for the strange concoction that i would think twice before presenting my dogs with it. I think it is Celtic invention tinged with parsimony and as such is probably best left to true believers!lol!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 03:59 PM
LG, you are probably right but by my ancestry of way back I suppose I am a Celt. Well having said that my other ancestry says I came from Morroco into Spain and Portugal before being washed up on the coast of Co Cork!
History has it that us Moores then joined the French to fight the English intrusion into Ireland. My history on Ireland used to be good but now fading with age.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon everyone. Cold and sunny here today. Walked Dillon, housework done and popped out for some shopping.
Hi Lynn, was hoping you might look in today. Boiler service man came yesterday and when he opened the front there were three used burner nozzles on the floor so maybe it had been serviced on an annual basis definately no paperwork 'tho.

I discussed the 'capping off of pipe' and damage to primary tank and such like. He thought it strange but withour seeing your installation he was a tad careful about making any firm statements. I repeat, he did say it was unusual. Probably no help to you except to know that you are in the right and I'm so grateful for your advice about being OFTEC registered.

Boiler seems fine, haven't got the bill yet, but would like to use these people on an annual basis. Tempers tend to rise in our house in direct proportion to number of degrees below 23.5C that we see on the thermometer

To Lord Gord, rest assured sir that I have read your earlier posts and completely agree with you and have added one more to my 'ignore' list I think that's the best I can do because I have seen in the past that wading in just antagonises the miscreant and results in even more mindless babling on t'internet.

Hope you (and that vision of beauty across the water) are not snowed in. Had we still been in CZ I can tell you that I would be shoveling three foot of snow off my driveway today, and while that was fun for a few years it is not now My aim in life now is to live in peace and enjoy the company of our dog (and the OH of course )
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 04:27 PM
OCH EYE THE NOO or something. January 25th if I am right. So you cook them that long then like sprouts.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 04:29 PM
Ooooooo Lacey, you like Def Leppard??? i have that tattooed on my ankle and i got to meet Phil Collen...truly lovely bloke.Hope you get the plumber sorted
TW, hope you get everyone to come at the relevant times
Lynn, we had a little sun earlier...still cold mind
moyra, my dad hates getting flea treatment on his hands too
Mandy, glad you roof is repaired and hope Lauryns day has been ok
Gordon...don't be encouraging people to hunt the poor little haggis'
not sure if i said earlier that my neighbour was getting her garage roof done....at last, well they b8ggered off at 2.30! so i have to deal with barking dogs again tomorrow, could have had the lot done today
Deagan doesn't have a water infection so looking like incontinence but she hasn't had any mishaps yet today...very odd
Page 6 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »