View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Griff - G'day. Didn't see your final post of yesterday until just now. See you made it to the meeting after all. Thank goodness the snow didn't stop the buses as you feared it might. Seems there are strange goings on at your Doc's, I had no idea, truly, that the health service was in such a state until I came on here. Soon came to realise frompeople's post that there is something definitely amiss. Fortunately, touch wood, I haven't been a victim of it's ineptitudes. Sounds like I've been lucky! Bye fer now
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Geez GRIFF,don't encourage him with the "loved the poem" comment Looks like he's all sunshine and roses but trust me he ain't
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Back on your treadmill my plump friend, how dare you suggest that I am anything other than "sunshine and roses". Sorry Eileen, just remembered - You are not PLUMP! There is that better? Griff knows that I am kindness personified and a good egg to boot - Don't you Griff (The fiver is in the post!) Bye fer now.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Trust you to make it a fiver,how tight can you get? Deep down I know there is a tiny glimmer of goodness in you,there has to be,I remain hopeful
Speaking of treadmills,my new shiny runners are on and I'm just about to embark on a 30 minute session,accompanied by Def Leppard today Will not dismount Untill the sweat is rolling from every available pore.Might take a little longer today,cause its freezing!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Totally agree with you MEG,of course it happens and will continue to unfortunately
Personally I couldn't sleep at night if I knew there was a dog or any animal rummaging around in rubbish bins,in poor condition,frightened and alone,in need of help.
Where I live,thankfully a stray dog is picked up very quickly.Except of course in Duncan's case,he outwitted everyone with his running skills
I just think, surely there has to be someone,be it a Rescue center or someone from the neighbourhood that could take this dog in and help him.
It's sooooo clear people are living in their bubbles, knowing absolutely nothing about me or where I live. Rescues do not take strays. Against policy and law. People here do not even care for their own dogs properly. Nobody cares enough to care for a stray, are you serious? Many others cannot really afford pets or hate them.

Many animals rummage in rubbish, we cannot help them all, I don't get it. It happens everyday, all over the world, you must never sleep at night. This dog has evaded them for a week. Tons of woods and open space, mega easy. And then they won't lend us a trap for their own stupid reasons.

Again, this is another case of people not realizing the differences between how they live, and how others live. I can't do anything else and you can believe that or not. It no longer matters.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Please be sure to follow a good warm down proceedure at the end of your excercise period Eileen. Don't want you to suffer any after effects, such as cramping etc., I do believe that the current best way is to immerse yourself completely in a bath of freezing cold water to which ice has been added. You do realise that i am saying this only for your own good and would derive no pleasure at all from the thought of your good self plunged into the freezing waters until you turned blue and shivery!!!lol!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Builders just been, electrician never showed, text him at 11.20 am to say couldn't wait any longer as had to get girls out, he text back and said we arranged Friday,now I am sure we didn't. Anyhow we were out by then, the Country Park was like the flaming M6 this morning, never in my life have I seen so many people out with their dogs. Was chatting to a lady who I see frequently and said as much, and she said its the weather, dry and cold. Girls all tucked up with bones now, tip trip later when I've finished my brew and sarnie. Eileen, re the oil hose, you get worse Gordon, whats it like where you are, got any snow at all. Eileen could perhaps immerse herself in the freezing (but healing) waters of the Irwell lol, just in the interests of her not cramping up you understand
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Afternoon everyone. Cold and sunny here today. Walked Dillon, housework done and popped out for some shopping.

Griff happy birthday to your dad and glad he is feeling a bit better. Goodness Eileen fancy having to remove the gate and now your taking exercise that would of done me for the day.
Nuisance about the electrician June.
Hope the weather has settled in your neck of the woods Nippy Jen. Hope the hair went well Jackie and that the lady is finished her measuring Meg and you are now back in your living room.
Keep wrapped up warm Elaine it would be good to do a meet up soon but I have no room for bones at the moment.
I do hope a caring solution is found for the poor stray dog and it does not have to suffer too much longer.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 01:51 PM
There are cases of neglect and abuse all over the world.America certainly doesn't have the monopoly on that.Huge difference I can see is in attitude in some areas more than others obviously.
There are rescue groups and centers in the US that do amazing work to help animals in need.Thousands of video's online as evidence of that.Be insane to think every dog in need can be helped but maybe if we all started with one,we could make a difference.
Yes I sleep soundly at night Thankyou.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 01:58 PM
So June are your tiles now sorted? Was roof tiles the builders were doing wasn't it. LG, you minx poor Eileen soaking in an iced bath, of course for her health I understand your concern for that. Real genuine guy you. Eileen do not overdo things today, I assume you still have the gate to replace. Did you manage to undo the lock after you lifted the gate off its hinges?
Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »