register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2015, 10:20 AM
We had snow during the night, only a light covering though and the sun is out now, so don't expect it will hang about for much longer. Sat waiting for the electrician to come and have a look at what needs doing as regards the kitchen lights, then girls out, then builder and plasterer coming early afternoon to look at the ceiling, then they'll all go away and send quotes over, I'll take piccies and send it off to the insurance and fingers crossed they'll agree and send me the OK. Then the ceiling comes down, totally dreading it. Had a text from Virgin saying they can't narrow my time slot down any further than from between 8am and 1pm so tough on them, because the car has to go in whatever and that is far more important than anything else, will leave a note on my door saying back in 10 minutes if it comes down to it. Scared wheel bearing will go completely so it has to be done, plus the welding on the inner wing has to be done urgently as its not safe either. Norma take care up there, its fine here, not living above the snow line like yerself, keep warm, I've got the fire lit already here!!! Meg, stay warm and cosy, good idea tucking yourself up, hope the lady for the new covers makes it up the hill. Eileen, hope Mabs made it up YOUR hill or is that why youngest daughter got a lift to school this morning, Lacey will be like a little furry snowball all wrapped up when you come in from your walk Moyra, hows the neighbours leak, not what you want on a cold morning.I've got tinnitus too Brenda, flaming nuisance but you just have to get used to it, can be a bit strange sometimes when you 'hear' things that aren't there. Many Happy Returns to Griffs Dad, and fingers crossed he is feeling better and well enough to enjoy his Special Birthday, keep taking the immodium stuff Griff and stay upright in this weather, lovely bus driver last night, rare for people to care nowadays. You had a nice day out at Dunelm yesterday, Nippy, and lunch, pies can be done anyday. What a storm you had, not heard of anyone else having something like that, maybe because you're on the coast. What pies are you making today. Enjoy Ikea, Sue, its a strange place, not very keen on it myself, been a couple of times but it doesn't work for me. Don't get lost in there either and be found endlessly circling, looking for a way out, after closing time Maybe the ugly looking dog is starving and been illtreated and abandoned and needs someone to care about him Myra, he can't help being ugly
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 10:23 AM
Morning all...

Happy 60th Birthday Griffs daddy!!

Hope all is well and with everyone and the poorlies are beginning to feel a tad better xx

Didn't get back on here after a quick peek yesterday morning, dont know where the flippin day went

Got my daily jobs done and now waiting for a parcel, and then off to meet my friend with some bones for her dogs. Will have to organize a meeting with Lynn soon so Dillon can have some too.

Quite cold here but have got a quilt on the washing line.

Take care, stay safe and warm and will hopefully nip in later xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 10:46 AM
TW you are going to be busy,hope you get everything sorted Yep,had the Princess out with her coat on,hood up and now she's wrapped up.Can just about see her nose
MYRA,no offence but I'm sure that poor dog doesn't mean to be a nuisance,he's obviously starving and looking for food.Does it really matter what he looks like?needs help,bless him
No luck with the lock,you'd nearly think the keys didn't match but it's been opened before.Hope its just a case of its got a bit frozen inside Have decided rather than break it,I'll just unhinge the gate
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 10:48 AM
My dad says thankyou for the birthday and get well wishes...he is out of bed! managed to eat a poached egg and some bread.... he has opened his prezzies too, not done cards yet
hope everyone is surviving the weather, had a look at the weather thread...good idea that Nippy! wouldn't fancy being in scotand
right, off to get dressed and take the dog for a walk as..................my next door neighbours garage roof is being done
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Maybe the ugly looking dog is starving and been illtreated and abandoned and needs someone to care about him Myra, he can't help being ugly
MYRA,no offence but I'm sure that poor dog doesn't mean to be a nuisance,he's obviously starving and looking for food.Does it really matter what he looks like?needs help,bless him
Yes, well this is very likely... however he IS very ugly (IMO) and he's beginning to cause some real trouble here. It does matter what he looks like because he looks unhealthy and ugly and I hardly even want my dogs around him.

Yet that is impossible since he is lingering around here. Even if you scare him away, he comes back later. He wants Jade more than he wants food. I can't care for this dog, and it's not my job to do so. I have thousands of dollars in medical bills beginning to pile up and it simply cannot be done.

The local animal control is giving me a hard time about it all on top of everything else. Yesterday, they didn't come out at all! So I'm sorry if I sounded mean like I didn't care at all about the dog, but like it's beginning to weigh on me.

I'm going to try luring him into the outdoor enclosure and shutting the door before he can bolt. Yesterday they told me to keep him here so they could come and try to get him. I tossed about bacon, the only thing I really had and he stayed here and they NEVER showed up.

A woman also told me to try to gain his trust, so that he'd not run from the officers... but it's not working. He's scared of people. Somebody is going to kill him if they don't come get him. He can't linger about here as if he lives here.

Louis, the Yorkie my neighbors always keep out also might be in potential danger so I've been trying to keep an eye out for him, too. That ugly dog stood up to my Nigredo like he might have wanted to try something, so I'm now worried about Louis.

I want the dog GONE, but I don't want any harm to come to him. The local animal control is making that less and less likely. He cannot stay here much longer, and we will have to use our own methods to get rid of him. I won't harm him, but I can't say the same of my neighbors or the rest of my family.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Eileen have you tried squirting de icer on the lock. Still waiting for the electrician and now I need to get the girls out, thought he would have been and gone by now. I can't hang about really as got the builder/plaster blokes coming later and I'll just about fit it all in IF the electrician had shown up by now Glad your dad's having a good day Griff and he's eaten. Don't want to comment on your post Myra, its quite upsetting
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 11:07 AM
It too late TW,am now gateless Wrought iron and heavvvy!! But I managed it Never thought of the de-icer such a tube
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2015, 11:09 AM
OMG Eileen, and you tell ME off
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Don't want to comment on your post Myra, its quite upsetting
That's fair. I have a feeling I was going to be accused of some other wrongdoing anyway, as if it's my fault people let their dogs get lost and starve on the streets. I'm the only one who has tried to call animal control and have the dog removed properly. We are used to being ignored by animal control, and it's nothing new for people to take things into their own hands.

I have no power over it, and it's upsetting to me, as well. I've tried hard to have him taken by animal control, but it has not worked and I'm not sure how much patience everyone else has left. I'm going to try trapping him myself today, hope to have some success with that.

I've told my next door neighbors that he isn't dangerous (which may not even be totally true as of yesterday), and I've told my dad the same... I'm trying as hard as I can, and there is nothing else I can do.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
OMG Eileen, and you tell ME off
OH has just informed me that the oil pipe would go over the top of the wall,what with it being flexible and all Ah well
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »