Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2015, 10:42 AM
promoting health is a ridiculous council thing...she works for the council
if you are ill you call in sick, you get X amount of sick days, one you go past those days you get called in to a meeting and put on level1 promoting health, this means you can't go sick again in 3 months or 6 months or whatever they feel, if you do you then go to stage 2 where basically they can fire you! they don't take into account if people have chronic health issues or if someone has been off for an operation or even if people have cancer...according to my mum there have been people with cancer let go ad they are quite within their rights to do it...i don't think they are but i don't know the laws and stuff, my mum is at stage 1 promoting health as she is chronic asthmatic who has recurrent chest infections. You can see when someone is genuinely sick and you kind of get a feel for people who take the mick and go sick for nothing, makes no odds to the council...disgusting really
i am panicking about getting it myself now..... will go and stock up on imodium stuff just in case!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Good morning

Sorry to hear about your dad and mum Griff. Hope he does as he's told and takes the medication. Your mum should not really be at work do they have no sense there! Hope Deagan is better soon and also that you manage to avoid the lurgy.

Pleased you have survived the weather Norma unfortunately more seems to be forcast for your neck of the woods.

June it will soon be Thursday just hang on in there.

Enjoy your shopping Jen and hope that car of yours finds somewhere nice for your lunch

Very wet when I got up so have waited until it stopped raining and only just got back from Teazle's walk. Haircut this afternoon so nothing else is planed for today.

Stay safe and warm today
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Griff start taking the immodium stuff now. That is what I used to do when I went to places like India or Sri Lanka, recommended by a friend of mine, I wasn't too sure at first but my very first trip to India confirmed I should have followed her advice! Now if there is anything vaguely in the offing I take the immodium generic, have a supply in, they came in very handy for the recent outbreak of Delhi belly from Mabs and Keshi. Sue, thank goodness you are on slow speed, you were exhausting me!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Forgot to say as regards your mum, is she in a union or anything, totally disgusting that someone with cancer, recovering from an op or with long term conditions like Asthma can be treated so very badly
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2015, 11:13 AM
she is in a union TW, she never has a meeting without her union rep there, she went down the disability route with her asthma. She has just rung...she thinks it is the antibiotics she is on, i swear living in this house is like living with kids, she thinks when something says take with food it is acceptable to eat a biscuit then take tablets.....and wonders why she ends up feeling sick or getting an upset stomach??? madness
i am off to bulk buy my tummy tablets then Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Would she eat porridge - just like Meg I have porridge every morning its ideal to take tablets with as it puts a lining on your stomach and is slow release and you feel full for hours so don't snack, then the tablets would work efficiently for her. Just had the builders on, someone's coming out on Friday to do an estimate. Dreading the ceiling coming down, going to be a right mess, I'll need to take Happy Clappy tablets to stay sane
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2015, 12:23 PM
Afternoon
Happy 16th Birthday Lauryn hope you have a great day,sure your mum will see to that
And Welcome back NORMA,good to see ya
GRIFF sorry your mum and dad are poorlie and wee Deagan too.Geez you'll be in need of a Carribean Cruise shortly
Hi to all,hope everyone is ok
We had snow not loads but some,it is lovely,sunny but with that bitter wind that gets your fingers and toes.
Mum did well with her checkup.They are referring her to the Royal for surgery on her right eye,not hopeful that'll she'll be accepted though,but worth a try.It comes with risks,so the waiting time will be good for her,give her a chance to decide.I asked if she could have a checkup on her chest while we were down there and good enough a doctor came did all the necessities and gave her some abs.Terrible cough and no voice still.bless her few days hopefully she'll be sorted
Just back from a dander with the Princess,deserve a coffee now methinks
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Hello everyone
Thank you for all the birthday wishes for Lauryn
She's very happy opening her cards this morning and money fell out lol
I've took it and put it in the bank for her
It's just started snowing

I've just opened the door because I heard a noise, and promptly jumped a mile because there crouched down was the meter reading lady
Right off to Hoover the stairs.......well cuppa first
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Lol Mandy, i bet you scared her out of her wits too
Lacey, glad your mum got the tablets and you are right waiting time is good thinking time...no point rushing in without considering the consequences
TW food and my mu is a nightmare, she has so much stuff she "won't" eat, in fact she barely eats at all and that is what has made her obese.
just rung the dr as my dad has managed 1 antibiotic since yesterday, he can't eat anything and has the squits still, the dr he saw has a very heavy accent and i am partially deaf...not a good mix so i have refused to talk to her..have to ring back after 3.30 to see if they can change his tablet
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Awww Griff sooo sorry that there's poorly folk in your household (human and furry's ) hope you all feel better soon hugs to you all
Lol at you and the meter lady Mandy hope you don't get too much snow it's not stopped here school kids all sent home as according to police there's worse to come this afternoon
TW hope the bone run goes ok and the repairs to the ceiling don't cause too much disruption
Ahh Sue do you fancy a couple of lodgers lol hope your pleased with the hair cut
Lacey glad things went well for your mum's hospital appointment and the abs kick in ,get the kettle on MRS I'm comming for coffee
Going to try and get the auld yin out for a walk if she'll oblige
Stay safe and warm folks
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »