register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Glad she got seen, Nippy. She surely couldn't have been expected to go through the weekend like that, glad there were other options, but LOL over the card being out of date, you're supposed to be telepathic didn't you know are you scootering down there then, mind you don't get blown over, looks pretty windy here and we're not on the coast. Hope Norma's OK up there in Scotland as they're getting the worst of it.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2015, 10:51 AM
Nice one NJ,yes I do jabber on!!
Good to hear Pepsi is ok,geez I'm sure the first place could have squeezed her in even if it meant a bit of a wait.Most likely took all of 10 minutes.
Be careful while you're out,won't you? Xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Yeah hubby came home muttering about what a caring practice they were but I think we had the last laugh!
TW dunno what she did but she does hare around through the woods. (tut tut she is always loose off lead there ) She is fine now and is walking normally again.
Never did get out. As I got to the door I was aware of a lot of activity around my new bird feeding station. There were 6 sparrows, a blue tit and 2 pigeons So I left them to it I will go to the shop later.....on foot
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Morning all wet and windy here, no change then.

Moyra, I'd stay in the warm if I were you! Even if you go out briefly you're supposed to put extra clothes on to keep warm according to experts on the radio yesterday. I keep forgetting which is probably why I've got another grotty cough.

SueL I hope you can get your feet up after all that work at your sons. Our place could do with a complete makeover but it might be easier to bulldoze it and start again lol.

Nippy I hope Pepsi's foot is ok after the run around with the vets. One of my dogs split a nail, I clipped the broken bit off then the rest of the nail fell off exposing the whole quick. That led to her licking it, making it very sore. After 2 rounds of AB's, countless sock changes (buster collar made her upset) I started spraying it with Listerine and I'm convinced it made the granulated tissue shrink back. The nail has just started to grow back again, phew.

Morning Griff & Gellygoo. I'm usually a lurker here too.

Lacey your little princess leads a life of Riley. My t-towels would be shredded if left anywhere near a dogs mouth!

TW hope you don't get snow. I dread it and the subsequent chaos that ensues. I'm not that keen on wind either! Give me sun any day.

Our evening out was a bit of a disaster. The service was slow, they were short staffed and we worked out that because the waiter didn't clear the whole table (he was trying to multitask and see to other tables) the kitchen didn't realise that we were waiting for the next course. Two of our party of 6 had to leave before having a pudding but we used the 50% voucher so it didn't hurt so much. Had to do a massive detour there and back because of a long term road closure. I don't like driving in the dark and rain at the best of times and I managed to drive over a mini roundabout that had the stumps of a bollard left in the middle. I did say something similar to bollards after I realised. Haven't checked the tyres yet!

Then an odd thing happened. We always have 2 dogs in the bedroom with the door closed. My boy & OH's 'girl'. About 2.30 I woke to hear a frantic barking and OH's girl is in the garden! In my stupor I can't remember if the bedroom door was then open but when I went downstairs ALL 3 doors to the outside were closed!! We checked the place over & this dog was very fired up. Either someone had been around, or what I prefer to think, is that this little madam can & does open all doors on a regular basis & she'd let herself out the front door & it blew shut behind her. I think we'll have to change the door handles, all 24 of them!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Rain has stopped, the sun is out. Checked weather forecast and its dry for the next couple of hours, everyone can now get out for a walk and/or gallop about Twix, I hope your tyres and underneath bits of your car are all OK, bad service on a Saturday night that is, can never heard understand why people who's job it is to plan staff levels fail to do what they are paid to do - PLAN! Right get my dog stuffon and we'll get off
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2015, 11:42 AM
TWIX don't you lock your front door at night time?
Our house is like Fort Knox,someone broke in here,I think they'd deserve a medal In the habit of locking it during the day too if I'm upstairs or in the garden,just never know
Strange one that but just goes it show,you heard nothing
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Hello again everyone, Lovely picture of Lacey, bless her. Nippy Jen glad Brian got Pepsi nail attended to. I must take Amber next week to have hers cut, she wont let Steve or me do it now, the little cow, ever since Steve overdid it once. Cannot say I blame her. Going to get told off as she has put on weight again over the winter weeks. Since I have not been well and it has not been nice enough to get Blue out to give her a lengthy walk she has had to make do with the three short walks round the green so is not getting the exercise. Wish Steve would help out.

Still coughing well and choking but I think it may be a little better, trouble is every time I say that I slip backwards.

Nice to see you Gill as you say we seem to have lost a lot of regulars. I just hope they are ok.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2015, 12:22 PM
omg Twix that sounds scary, wonder how the heck she got out, glad all was ok though
Lacey, you said your OH snores didn't you? just saw this Lol
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intelligen...-/380937363169
Lacey does look like a little princess
Nippy, glad pepsi is sorted out, we have the opposite at our practice, it is mainly no appointment emergency only on saturdays but they are good with me and will book me in if i ask
Hi Gellygoo, glad you had a nice christmas and new year with your family
Moyra, have you asked steve to walk amber for you whilst you are ill? if he doesn't like letting her off the lead just tell him to leave her on a long line
TW, have a good walk
dogs new collars arrived, they are beautiful, dakota has pink leather with white leather stars in 1.5 inch thickand deagan has pink leather with white hearts in 2 inch thick....can you guess where my christmas money went? Lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Oh Griff you do spoil those dogs of yours. Amber got a new squeaky toy for Christmas, I think she has killed a few of the squeaks already, there were about seven in there. Just taken her out up the back green it was very windy up there but I had a scarf round my head and neck and covering my mouth and nose as best I could.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
Morning all, long time no post.

Hope you are all well and if not are on the mend. All well here, enjoyed a fairly quiet family filled Christmas and New year.
I've been popping on here most days for a quick catch up, but always feel that I've not much to say what with my overly boring/quiet life.
Hello Gill nice to see you back...
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »