register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Oh I won't let this one drop I promise you. Probably not enough staff on, but even I could forsee that today was going to be a busy day for a lot of businesses, so why not practice a bit of a sensible staff rota and have more people on. If I didn't pay for the service through my insurance I would have got someone out by now, but why should I pay double or have to be in that position when I have made sensible provision for emergencies such as this, or I thought I had anyway. Still no sign of anyone either!!!! Girls have been fed, Mabs and Keshi had the last of the steamed fish and Cariad and Lona had sardines bulked out with veg and they all had yogurt and cottage cheese, I handed out teas after I'd cleared up and put heatlamps on,then I ran in quickly because normally they get a piece of fruit for afters but don't want to give Mabs or Keshi fruit or veg just now!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2015, 06:55 PM
Oh TW June I am so sorry you are being put through all this stress. I had stress today trying to get this new prescription but nothing like you have had to put up with today.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Ahh,still not sorted TW? You should tell them you are going to check in to a hotel Untill it's sorted and will be sending the bill to them That'll shift them!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Plumber has rang me. He's stuck on the M60 as there's an accident at the Trafford Centre, its bad around there anyway this time of night, not only rush hour, but they're 'upgrading' it to a Smart Motorway, so its down to 50mph for the next 3 years or so. Nice enough lad, not his fault is it, its the people in charge not doing their job, he's getting the sh!tty end of the stick
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Hm so has he given you some idea of when? Not good enough. I would change your insurer after this. Looking forward to Broadchurch.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2015, 07:34 PM
2 of them in my bathroom now
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2015, 07:42 PM
Good evening

Aw June how awful for you, no its not good enough and emergency is an emergency and if it takes 24 hours its not an emergency so you would not be ringing them.

Pleased you have managed to get something for your chest Moyra, lets hope it works this time.

Poor daughter Eileen she must have been frightened when it happened. Hope its not too expensive for her.

Back late tonight and got caught up in the rush hour traffic. Not got as much done today as we wished but we had a few problems that needed sorting. Managed to get another coat on the hall walls and it looked nice until we switched the light on and then you could still see the new plaster under it and where the wall had been filled. The paint doesn't seem to be covering it. May try one more coat tomorrow and if that fails will have to have a rethink about the colour. As the hall is dark he wants a light colour but I think we may have to go from antique white to something more cream. Son started to fill round a socket and then found that the back box had rusted away. There had been damp there, but that is treated, so apparently they didn't replace the box when replastering. Just many of the little things we are finding out. Curtains now up in the lounge and that is beginning to look more like home even though everything from the bedroom is now moving in Hopefully will get the ceiling in bedroom painted tomorrow also and will then leave him to gloss the doors etc. and put a mist coat on some more new plaster where the original paint has fallen off. Have told him I need Wednesday and Thursday off so he is on his own. Will be interesting to see how much he has done when I go back on Friday.

Hope you have now got someone looking at your leak June.

Just notice that you are not well HGriff. Stay warm and hope you feel better soon.

Have a good evening everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2015, 07:45 PM
OMG it my toilet and they're going to cap it off!!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Oh my word Sue, you have done well for your lad, just hope he can keep up and do his bit the days you need off.

TW June, at last you have two men in the bathroom, please God that they can sort the problem and leave you with running water.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2015, 07:50 PM
What are they going to leave you without a flushing toilet?
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »