View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2015, 08:37 PM

Story Of The Eagles Concert for Gordon Mac and anyone else who's interested

For my 60th birthday my youngest son asked if I would like tickets to go and see Eagles who were in Manchester the week after my birthday. My then OH was as much an Eagles fan as I was and the tickets were for both of us. Cariad had had her first litter on June 6th and the weather was so warm that by the time they were 2 weeks old they were already outside with mum and auntie. OH hadn't seen me for a while as I was busy with the pups, so I told him about it, and he said 'Do I have to go..' WHAT!!! couldn't believe how lukewarm he was about it, and me being me, just completely shut him down, and said no you don't, and there was no more discussion on it. Went with youngest son and The Eagles were totally amazing and sounded exactly the same as they did all those years ago. I never mentioned the concert again, until.....it was HIS 60th birthday....now...we are both into Medieval history he into Medieval Warfare and myself just generally into the whole lifestyle. I had found out about a War Of The Roses Re-enactment at Tewkesbury, some time before his actual birthday and booked for us to stay the weekend it took place Never told him what his surprise was, partly because of what had happened on MY 60th as I was still very bitter and upset over the way he had behaved, particularly as he still played their music!!!! Arranged to meet him at Cheltenham Spa station off the train, and we got a taxi to Tewkesbury, and he was totally overwhelmed by it all, people walk round in medieval costumes and everything, absolutely fantastic weekend, weather was perfect. I told him I had been worried as to whether he would enjoy it after what had happened over the Eagles concert, and he said What Eagles Concert. He had absolutely no memory whatsoever of that conversation or that he had turned down the opportunity to go and see them. He said to me he would pay 'good money to see The Eagles' I just looked at him - and he said 'apparently not' I'm as sure as I can be that he hadn't started his little 'fling' with his cleaner, that came later, but makes you wonder dunnit
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Ooooops!!! Sorry I asked! Well not really as I do so love a bit of gossip! His loss not yours June, and I don't just mean the Eagles concert.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2015, 08:52 PM
Eagles ticket would have been wasted on the k*ob!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Yeah Gordon, couldn't believe how he changed actually, by the time of the train incident I told you about previously he was acting very badly towards me, the old OH would have been booking the tickets for the train journey, this 'new' one was so offhand and rude towards me that I began to wonder if I had done something wrong. Then as other things happened, my instincts kicked in, and when he insisted on buying the cleaner a particularly expensive perfume for Christmas (called Guilty funnily enough) I knew without a shadow of a doubt my instincts were bang on and I walked away from it all and left him to it, never even picked up my clothes or personal stuff, never heard from him again after nearly 14 years either! My front door is firmly locked and bolted against all comers these days
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-01-2015, 10:13 PM
Perfectly named perfume if one is into irony! You are far better without that particular louse - that's for sure!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Yes I certainly am! Very upsetting for me that my youngest son went to so much trouble to buy 2 tickets and the @rse chucked it back in his face. We've been to a few concerts since then, youngest son and I, we always have a good night and a lovely mother/son chat on the way home. Dunno what happened to the man I met, we used to have a great time together and he was my best friend, no idea where that man went, but didn't like the one in his place thats for sure. The cleaner can keep him and is welcome to him!
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2015, 11:41 PM
Aye when we know better we do better. Reminds me when I went with my middle girl to see Darius Rucker. Last time we had together before she left us for good. The memories of outings like that stay with you though.