register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Great thing about visiting a showroom is that you can offer them cash in hand and most of them take it, if they won't then walk out and find one that will!!! When I first got this house I took it back to the brickwork and started again, and was able to shop around for kitchen and bathroom and got my shower stall for instance from an entirely different place from my bathroom, although they do match. Cannot justify spending £150 on an iron Eileen, there's only my sheets and t shirts and jeans to iron!!! Tree and decs are down, at last, major tussle with the tree, it doesn't fit in the box it came in - it does now! - then after I'd sellotaped it up to prevent the tree from climbing out, I of course found one of the screws from the stand that I (thought) were all in the little envelope in the box Steamed chicken for Mabs and Keshi for tea, so Her Royal Highness Keshi better eat it
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2015, 05:09 PM
According to OH there will be on cash involved at all TW At least not for the bath,sink and loo Tiles will be next to nothing and tiler will be free.Case of you scratch my back,I'll scratch yours in all cases...good eh?
Have finally made up my mind on what I'm after,can't wait to start demolishing
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Hello everyone
Been flipping freezing here all day, took Rosie out earlier, she really lived racing round on the field though, she's been extra mardy though, think she's missing the attention from Liam and Sarah, think it's taking her extra time to get back in to normal routine.
We've had Roast Chicken dinner for lunch. I've done 2 loads if washing, need to find time to iron, won't be today though
Broad church back on tonight, looking forward to that and Death in Paradise on Thursday
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Good evening

Pleased to read that the girls are on the mend. Hopefully Keshi will be fully restored by tomorrow.

Enjoy your bathroom hunt Eileen but be careful demolishing the old

Lunch sounded good Nippy and Moyra. Just had a late meal, meat and potato pie followed by peaches and cream, yum

Managed to paint hall ceiling, gloss shelves and touch up missed places on front door, paint two cupboard doors and first coat of emulsion on walls. Son also fiddled with new bay curtain pole so now have to paint filled holes in wall and paint work, all of which was finished (roll eyes). He also put a wash on the replastered wall in bedroom and on two walls in the bathroom that he has been trying to plaster in places - really needs to be fully tiled and then no more work but that will have to wait until he has the money. Tomorrow the plan is final coat on the hall walls, ceiling in the bedroom and then fill in bits round sockets and edge of walls before washing those down ready for painting. Hopefully all that will be finished by the end of the week and that leaves the kitchen and bathroom to do but that will have to be done over a few weekends. I think OH man b e pleased to see me around during the day Now off for a rest.

Have a good evening all.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Lunch went well, DiL changed her shift so she came too. Kyla has gone to her boyfriends birthday party, 2 years old

Hubby has a very sore foot, ? gout ? bruise, whatever he is not walking very well on it so he hadn't taken Pepsi out. Daughter and SiL took her along the local cliff walk and down to the beach. She was very happy and they had great fun because she can be let off lead. Something they can't do with their Patterdale.
Sounds like things are going the right way for your crew June.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Way to go Kyla Poor hubby NJ geez he won't like that much will he?
SUE,what happened to Sunday is rest day? I see you don't pay that much heed
In saying that I just cleaned the house from top to bottom,still only have half the dec's down though.Tomorrow is another day
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2015, 07:28 PM
Her Highness not at all happy with teatime arrangements and wanted mummy's bone, this is the poorly girl who yesterday didn't want to eat at all and looked like death warmed up or the morning after the night before She eventually ate her tea because it was that or nothing. Mab ate her tea like a good girl and they both had the last of the charcoal bones for after. Cariad and Lona got a big bone each. No nasties to be seen anywhere, hopefully its done a runner
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Aww Kyla having tea at her boyfriends hope hubby is better soon Nippy
Sue, you wear me out just reading what you been up too,
Glad to read the girls are feeling better TW.
Eileen has your daughter and her friends recovered from their night out yet?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Lacey he will be like a caged animal if he can't go out tomorrow. He won't even let me look at his foot now because I said I was ringing the doctor tomorrow
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Well how silly is that eh Nippy, maybe you'll be able to give him an idea of what exactly is wrong if he lets you have a look, and he's best letting the doc have a look at it, if you've got a decent doctor that is, otherwise maybe you're the best person to sort it for him!!!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >