Female 

04-01-2015, 08:22 AM
I agree Brenda

Gordon .......... no one likes a smart Alec!!! Lubs ya really xxx
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-01-2015, 10:18 AM
Smart Alec here! Brenda, lovely kenel name that Tyto has, very becoming! Don't you get many Tawnies down your way - we are absolutely owled up in these parts. There are two pairs in the home wood at the back of the house (refered to as the Olly-Beaks, for we like our owls to be a little posh and hyphenated) but the racket the youngsters make when they are out and about and demanding food is really something else. Does little to endear them to you if you like to sleep with the windows open.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Lol Gordon
I thought I had posted this but it seems to have disappeared
Just for you Gordon, the steam train and the glorious scenery between Paignton and Kingswear;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3yFCIZkQd8
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2015, 01:22 PM
I love steam trains and if possible always go on one when on holiday. Tyto thinks all the passengers are there for him. Not heard many owls round here but we do have woodpeckers in the woods and bats. (No comments please) it is the year of the goat, yep and I am one.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Thank you Nippy - Love Goliath and the Devon Belle, brings to mind travelling on steam trains as a boy. There was always something special about even the most mundane journey. The railway which winds it's way across the pennines several miles below us is all electric now. With the exception of one train a week during the summer months which goes from Manchester to the North Yorkshire Coast and passes up the valley at 9.25am on Fridays. By climbing to the top corner of our moor you can hear it coming way down below and see the column of belching steam come ever closer as it fights the gradient. Fabulous sight! Never fails to draw an enthusiastic crowd as it goes through Greenfield and Saddleworth on it's way to the Stanedge Tunnel. Lovely!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Used to love the steam trains myself, saw one come into Leeds station one morning when waiting for the Manchester train, have always wanted to do one of those day trips on one. Suggest that to the (now ex) OH, and HIS suggestion was we get up and go and watch it leave and THEN go shopping and have lunch ...... hence one of the many reasons why he is now an ex
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Like that one June - a lot!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-01-2015, 03:48 PM
One of my first memories was the sound of the steam trains having just past under Apex Corner on their was from their London terminus [I do not remember which - it was a very long time ago] on their way north.

But I think even before that I remember the sound of the ack ack air guns [sorry but I do not remember what they were called ] going backwards and forwards alongside that section of line during WWII.
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Awww.. great grey owls are my fav.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2015, 04:41 PM
What Gordon, NOT going on the trip (hence saving money) or one of the reasons why he is an ex, best one was the Eagles concert......
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >