Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2011, 10:14 AM

Conned & tricked by my own dog!

Does your dog ever trick you?

Tilly sure pulled the wool over my eyes this morning - the cheek of it!
When hub works nights, he often takes her for an early morning run when he gets in, so when I get up I don't have to.
When I got up this morning, I hadn't heard anything & hub was asleep on the sofa. I could see that Tilly had had her breakfast & it was wet outside but she was completly dry with clean paws so I gathered she hadn't been out, this was confirmed in my head as on my 2nd cup of tea she was doing that sit in front of me "Time to go walkies" look on her face. So I got ready & took her for 40 minute amble around the farm.
When we got back, hub was awake & told me that she had already been out at 6am & it hadn't been raining then.
The cheeky little monkey conned me good & proper
and got 2 walks for the price of one
She's now sprawled out on the floor postively pooped!!
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Does your dog ever trick you?

Tilly sure pulled the wool over my eyes this morning - the cheek of it!
When hub works nights, he often takes her for an early morning run when he gets in, so when I get up I don't have to.
When I got up this morning, I hadn't heard anything & hub was asleep on the sofa. I could see that Tilly had had her breakfast & it was wet outside but she was completly dry with clean paws so I gathered she hadn't been out, this was confirmed in my head as on my 2nd cup of tea she was doing that sit in front of me "Time to go walkies" look on her face. So I got ready & took her for 40 minute amble around the farm.
When we got back, hub was awake & told me that she had already been out at 6am & it hadn't been raining then.
The cheeky little monkey conned me good & proper
and got 2 walks for the price of one
She's now sprawled out on the floor postively pooped!!
lmfao that is funny and something my sammy does. there cleverer than we give them credit for, but at least your pooch is nakered now.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Haha - they are little fibbers aren't they.

Tess does that with her breakfast. She indicates to me that she hasn't eaten by sitting by the fridge and following me about with 'those eyes!'

When I ask if she wants her breakfast, OH tells me not to believe her as she has already been fed.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by promarc View Post
lmfao that is funny and something my sammy does. there cleverer than we give them credit for, but at least your pooch is nakered now.
I know the cheek of it she also pretended that she hadn't had her dental stick, so I gave her one - only to find out she had already had 1!
I think maybe better communication from the hoomans in future!
I'm pretty good if I go out early I always leave a post it note on the fridge saying if she's been out, had breakfast (and dental stick) if she's had a poo & if I've made a kong & put it in the freezer
I'm surprised she hasn't learnt to steal the note off the fridge & rip it up
Wish the others would as sometimes I come in & I ask her have you been out, have you had your dinner etc... and of course she says no to all of above & I have to phone & text around the family to find out
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Crafty girl, she must have had a smug look on her face!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2011, 06:10 PM
phoebe does this with breakfast, after oh has left she will go and bang the food drum with her paw untill i go in and ill give her breakie. txt the husband with a nark on saying thanks for feeding phoebe, his reply - i did, she had one over on you.
after this happening a few times i now phone first
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2011, 08:37 PM
LOL oh this sounds so familiar. Dougal tries the 'poor me, Mum didn't feed me breakfast' on Brian...it usually works too. He does the 'I didn't get out for a wee ALLLLL day mum!' dance round me when I get in from anywhere.

OH just tuts and tells me Dougal is lying.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
phoebe does this with breakfast, after oh has left she will go and bang the food drum with her paw untill i go in and ill give her breakie. txt the husband with a nark on saying thanks for feeding phoebe, his reply - i did, she had one over on you.
after this happening a few times i now phone first
Originally Posted by lore View Post
LOL oh this sounds so familiar. Dougal tries the 'poor me, Mum didn't feed me breakfast' on Brian...it usually works too. He does the 'I didn't get out for a wee ALLLLL day mum!' dance round me when I get in from anywhere.

OH just tuts and tells me Dougal is lying.
Post it notes all round then
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2011, 09:02 PM
She's very clever!

I remember my old dogs (Cairn terriers) managing to get fed twice once as my Mum thought I hadn't fed them before I left them at her home and they did their normal excited act when she got the bowls out!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 07:38 AM
I don't know about tricking me - as I'm the one that deals with them, but Louie has the cheek to tell me when it's time for us to go to bed He won't go up on his own...