Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 09:43 PM

Can a puppy have adult tins?

i asked my mum to get a tin of food for jake, and she came back with chappie. i usually give him puppy tins, which i got more of today, but can he still have the chappie?

he is 8 months old now, and i give him puppy wainwrights and just mix a wee bit in with his food to make it easier to eat. is there much difference between the puppy and adult tins?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 09:45 PM
hi
i generaly switch my pups onto adult food at 8 months(unless they find it hard to keep weight on)
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi
i generaly switch my pups onto adult food at 8 months(unless they find it hard to keep weight on)
thanks, i was going to wait till he was 12 months, so think it could be ok to change now? i just got him a 15kg bag of food yesterday lol but could get adult stuff the next time... although he does seem to be difficult to keep weight on. he hasnt lost any since reaching his size now, but he still looks pretty skinny and just wont put more on lol.
annmarie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2009, 09:59 PM
don't worry Lauren he will mature .. tux was like you're Jake but this last 2 months he has filled out perfectly
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 10:20 PM
I just switched my Slovak to adult food...she is 6 months.

Adult tins are fine. Mine have been eating 'adult' Butchers Tripe mix since I have had them.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 10:27 PM
I always switch my pups over to adult food by the time they are 6 months old, so at 8 month old your pup is perfectly fine to be eating the adult food
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by annmarie View Post
don't worry Lauren he will mature .. tux was like you're Jake but this last 2 months he has filled out perfectly
thanks, i do worry he is too thin but he is just lean, you cant see his ribs but can feel them... he is just has such a small built compared to my old boy sam... how old is tux now?

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I just switched my Slovak to adult food...she is 6 months.

Adult tins are fine. Mine have been eating 'adult' Butchers Tripe mix since I have had them.
lol, i worry too much i always see adult on the packaging and worry its not good for him i need to chill

Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
I always switch my pups over to adult food by the time they are 6 months old, so at 8 month old your pup is perfectly fine to be eating the adult food
thanks lol, im glad others have changed over at 6 months so i know he will be fine with the chappie lol
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 11:14 PM
at his age he should be lean,like a gangly teenager,he will fill out as he matures
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
at his age he should be lean,like a gangly teenager,he will fill out as he matures
thanks lol a gangly teenager he definitely is! when i got my old dog sam, he was 6 months and really underweight. and he put weight on quite quick and got to be quite a heavy boy (not fat though i got his weight checked every year at the vet when he got his boosters), he was very well built. jake is the total opposite, very leggy lol.

not a very good pic, and his eyes are weird lol but this is his... leanness the 2nd one is better

Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 11:39 PM
handsome Jake, he looks like 'robodog' in the first one tho! lol.
imo he isnt lean,but just right! alot of pet dogs carry too much weight!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >