Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 01:34 PM

'old members'

was wondering this a while ago

where have they all gone - people with literally thousands of posts,,, well just stopped posting!!!!!

i can mention names if anyone wants to fill me in, but dont want to get into trouble.....

just look on the members list of people who no longer post but have give good views on topics etc

just think its sad tbh
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 01:45 PM
It is sad, there do seem to be quite a few, I was looking back at postings that I made only in March the other day when my marriage ended, I had a lot of lovely supportive messages from people who are still on here, but also lovely ones from people who used to be regulars its a shame
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 01:48 PM
i do remember a fair few who no longer post, some of whom were banned/ account closed...

others just become too busy....
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-12-2007, 01:50 PM
A lot of the "old crowd" which by that term you will get a sense of who they all were, chose to depart to pastures new as didnt like the way things were becoming. AND before I get my wrists slapped (!), I mean mainly the size of things and how we lost our true sense of community, in their eyes. And sadly, the eyes of many others too.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Hi Suze peoples circumstances change, you may not see someone around for a while then they will suddenly pop up again. Meanwhile new people are joining all the time with different opinions and breeds of dogs and this all adds interest to the site .

There are also number of loyal people who are really committed to the site and they post constantly.
If you are concerned about anyone in particular you can always send them a Personal Message
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
i do remember a fair few who no longer post, some of whom were banned/ account closed...

others just become too busy....

I'm still here! I used to be able to post all day long - sadly changed jobs so just can't any more Still pop in regularly for a nosey, don't always have to time post though.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
A lot of the "old crowd" which by that term you will get a sense of who they all were, chose to depart to pastures new as didnt like the way things were becoming. AND before I get my wrists slapped (!), I mean mainly the size of things and how we lost our true sense of community, in their eyes. And sadly, the eyes of many others too.
ps - Dogsey is still the best forum IMHO
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 02:10 PM
minihaha - i didnt know these people really -

i was just wondering -

like another horse forum i post on - its kinda lost the sense of belonging - ok i know its onlt an internet forum but i feel lik i have lots of friends on here - lots of different views/ideas/experience etc - so its combined

these people im on about have like over 20 thousand posts yet dont really drop in to say hi even now and again - mabey they are too busy but its sucha shame - they obviously felt part of this community once and mabey now they dont want to know.....

if any 'old' members are reading this feel free to say hi - im sure you will be given a lovely welcome back postings!!!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Absolutely right
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by minky View Post
I'm still here! I used to be able to post all day long - sadly changed jobs so just can't any more Still pop in regularly for a nosey, don't always have to time post though.
it was actually you i was thinking about coz i know you changed jobs and didnt have as much time!!! i miss our giggles!
and china miss danny boy!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »