Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Don't forget about your local smaller pet shops
Much more friendlier than P@H, most actually know their stuff (rather than a lot of the staff at P@H who know nothing), and if it's not on the shelf, they will normally get it for you

Can you tell I have a pet shop
The local one is closing down, it was the woman who works there told me about PAH & she has got a job there!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2010, 09:28 PM
I went in there yesterday, only went in to get Diesel a ball as it was his birthday today

Don't like our local store, the staff know nothing x
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Oh thats exciting, someones going to be spoiled then .

With people saying about selling live animals, I don't like shops that do this either, thats why when I went to get Nancy instead of just going six or so miles to the local PaH I drove three hours each way to Wales to get her, and when I found out about Harmony I drove the two hours each way to get her, I wont support buying pets in shops.

However saying that I also know most of the people in my local PaH, I went to college with them, and also originally Drew was brought from someone else from there, and I've seen the information that he came with, they called the owners up the day after they got him, and theres a woman there that whenever I go in, I talk English rabbits.

Also when Drew had a problem with hair eating I emailed the head office, I mean it was a problem with goods that I had to have as the drop down menu thing, which I didn't like, but they gave me advice, said that they would get in contact with the breeder, incase it ran in lines, and also I got advice from a small animals vet that they use, so they're not all bad, they are actually a lot better then the smaller shop that I know sells animals.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 03:57 PM
It's been a long wait, but we saw the sign had gone up so nipped over at lunch today & it's grand opening is on Friday
Stood peering through the windows at the staff loading shelves up with xmas toys & goodies
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeyy! I have to be honest, I prefer my local pet shop too, the guy is great and gets me anything I want in.

But we do have a load of P@H near us, and I get our dogs frozen meat and the odd thing from there, I do enjoy wandering around. I actually have a loyalty card stampy thing, 10 stamps then 10% off
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 07:53 PM
I work in PAH (note I said in and not for PAH lol) in the mornings. Although I do not like the way the small animals are brought in. Some of the rats and rabbits are sweet though. I don't like the CM section either! The one near us has just stocked up on a 'boutique' section eeek! But they do some good deals on pet food, and their range of items aren't bad either. There are some knowledgable staff there too which isn't so bad.
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 10:18 PM
I'd love to use our local pet shop but their staff are rude and unhelpful and their selection is poor at best, there is an excellent independent pet shop in Street which I always pop into when we're there, PAH is handy for bits and bobs though, need to go there for a couple of new bowls this week actually.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Well! It hasn't even been open a week yet & I've "popped over" during lunch break twice & spent a bit. The first time was on Tilly & the 2nd for my mum's dog & secret Santa, I wasn't going there but convinced myself to walk over to B &Q which is nextdoor for a paintbrush ha ha
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2