View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 08:24 PM
we are going to change because we watch alot of sky 1,i cant go without lost of the simpsons for long!!!!!!!
virgin are going to lose so many customers over this.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Im going to do the same tomorrow Steve.
We've decided to get Sky+.
We can only afford the basic things, and it's a shame that the installation is so expensive, but we watch a lot of Sky channels.
Did you get any deals with Sky?

I'm not a fan of Sky either...my family and I have had cable for years (about 10) (I remember the first box, tiny little thing with orange buttons).

I'm not changing my phoneline to BT though - cos that is a rip off! lol
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Im going to do the same tomorrow Steve.
We've decided to get Sky+.
We can only afford the basic things, and it's a shame that the installation is so expensive, but we watch a lot of Sky channels.
Did you get any deals with Sky?

I'm not a fan of Sky either...my family and I have had cable for years (about 10) (I remember the first box, tiny little thing with orange buttons).

I'm not changing my phoneline to BT though - cos that is a rip off! lol
Cause i have opted for the full 6 extras pack and the movie channels package-i have a £10 credit which i presume is for box office.Not bad value though at £37 per month-NTL was £48 + broadband & call charges.

I too think the installation at £60 plus the one off payment of £99 is expensive Heather cause this sort of money could easily be absorbed with subscription fees and is un-necessary.I have always been reluctant with having Sky cause im not a great fan of Murdoch,but i've been forced into a corner.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2007, 10:12 PM
ooops-forgot to add that you may wanna make yourself a cup of coffee/tea before you ring and ensure your cordless is fully charged up.I ended up listening to some crap music for 35 minutes and my cordless decided that was the right time to stop working! I ended up sitting on floor with normal phone and not being able to move from spot incase i was connected.
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Tee - Are you are canceling your whole TV package with Virgin?
I only have the basic package so that we can have the Sky Sports but they've upped the price of that and now we haven't even got Sky Sports news. I will be cancelling the tv package altogether, yes. I'll prob' just keep the internet cos I can't do without that!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 11:15 PM
I've been looking online, and it says if you join online, you get £10 credit.

Also just been checking out the packages...and there is only £6 difference between having 2 of the mixes, and all 6!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
I only have the basic package so that we can have the Sky Sports but they've upped the price of that and now we haven't even got Sky Sports news. I will be cancelling the tv package altogether, yes. I'll prob' just keep the internet cos I can't do without that!
It's really odd...cos with Telewest I was paying something like £4 for the basic TV package.
When it switched to VM, they didn't up my price....but I was getting more channels than the basic package, but not as many as the middle one (but not paying as much as the middle package either).
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-03-2007, 07:13 PM
I ordered Sky last thursday over the net and specified wednesday 7th (tommorrow) for installation.I received a letter today saying i would get a phone call from the Sky engineer before 9.00am tommorrow to tell me when he'd be here.As i finished reading-the phone went and it was him saying he'd be here between 11.00am-2.00pm!

I must say that their customer service is excellent and is a very promising start!

Take note Virgin-this is how you should be treating people.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2007, 09:18 PM
It was all featured on watchdog tonight but nothing of any help, just virgin stating they still offer an excellent service and something about 12 month contracts having to run.....
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Well, I didn't end up changing....
Instead I phoned VM up, and got my things upgraded, and bill lowered (found it on digital spy forums - lots of others doing the same).

Still not got Sky One, but a lot of people are saying give it a few months, and they'll have it back.
I can still watch Lost on the internet - although I prefer it on my big TV! lol
But i've now got all the channels (apart from movies and sport), and i'm getting a V+ box installed on 23rd March, and my bill was lowered.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >