Female 

26-02-2007, 09:34 PM
I will also loose my virginity
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Thing is Heather-i could pay less if i change to sky.

Looking at my bill-i pay £31.50 for the XL package then an additional £16.50 for the movie channels.I also have broadband at £18.00,call waiting at £1.75 and my total monthy bill is £67.75

Could Virgin really afford for people to start switching to Sky..?

I've already checked and i can get a similar tv package from sky with movies for £36 per month so i think im gonna swap.
We only have the basic Tv channels, fasted broadband, normal phone, and also call re-direct - so I doubt we could get anything as cheap from Sky!
But we really want Sky One, so may have to do it anyway!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

Its been mentioned on a few cable forums but nothing definate from Virgin yet but they will have to do something.

Sky cant really afford to lose the Virgin customers so hopefully they both come to some kind of arrangement soon.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-02-2007, 10:26 PM
There was a full page announcement in the News of the world yesterday regarding the whole thing, made me think about switching from Sky to Virgin! I don't watch sky one or any of the channels that Virgin mentioned they were dropping because of the dispute, strange that I noticed it really as I don't really read the papers I just happened to look at the page that dropped out of the paper as I went to throw it in the bin.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Well they have gone, Sky1 - Sky News - Sky Sports Update & Sky Travel............................oh but we should be happy with Virgin new Channel 'Virgin Central' which we can't even access
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 09:13 AM
I can access Virgin Central....
Not worth it though, it's crap
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
Well they have gone, Sky1 - Sky News - Sky Sports Update & Sky Travel............................oh but we should be happy with Virgin new Channel 'Virgin Central' which we can't even access
No that channel isn't available until April, plus when it is, it's all repeats.

I've just e-mailed Virgin media and told them what I thought of them, they take off all the Sky channels without giving us a reduction in our bills and compensate us with a crappy channel that will show repeats??.....big deal.

According to Sky News...http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...253715,00.html all Sky wanted to charge was 3p per day per customer, now I would have been more than happy to pay that should we have been given the option!!

Unfortunately for us we can't get Sky here because we live behind quarry land, so can't pick up the signal even with an extending pole on our chimney, if we could we would go to Sky.......it looks like even Freeview will lose the channels in the summer too!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Isn't virgin central channel 119?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Yes channel 119
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 09:19 AM
It is available!
You go onto channel 119, and press the red button.

I can access it, and so can everyone on the Virgin message board - cos everyone has stated what rubbish it has on (just repeats of programs)
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >